Director, Trade Product Manager at Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered Bank is a British multinational banking and financial institution offering services to corporations situated in London, England. It operates a community of more than 1,200 branches and retailers across more than 70 nations and employs around 87,000 people.
- You are responsible for articulating the product strategy and executing product initiatives on the annual operating plan in-country
- You are responsible for understanding customer needs and developing the client value propositions that will address them across all client segments relevant to the market and feeding these needs into the Regional product teams.
- Sponsor launches product enhancements, new products, channels, or new platforms as required.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to develop collaterals for the local market, communicate product launches, organize customer events and develop a sales campaign strategy to ensure that the new products meet planned volume and revenue targets
- Make sure training initiatives are carried out in the country in line with the global commercialization agenda.
- Identify and market-size new business opportunities and revenue pools and articulate the product and client access capabilities needed to seize a share of them
- Develop a strategy that drives a customer-centric view into Transaction Banking with activities including but not limited to focus groups, customer surveys, and Voice of the Customer.
- Collaborate with the Network team, to the building relationships with third parties to expand the product offering as set out in the country plan and look at ways of reducing the cost of such relationships
- Directly responsible for product P&L within the country, and support as required in the origination process. Have clear responsibility for overpricing for all trade products and management of assets, contingents, and for the allocation of RWA
- Work with the Regional Product Head in the management of the country ALCOs in alignment with country TB Heads and Regional Product heads. Monitoring market changes and pricing strategies.
- Drive-in conjunction with the regional product head, central revenue initiatives locally by ensuring that in-country action plans are in place and revenue targets are achieved
- Determine standard product pricing and monitor the collection of fees and NII across products for the country.
- Develop jointly with the Sales team a local Product & Sales strategy to meet country objectives, in line with the overall Transaction Banking strategy
- Conduct ongoing competitor analysis to capture the opportunities, mitigate the threats and deliver financial performance. Recommend and plan actions to build or reinforce our competitive edge
- Drive end to end product performance, improving efficiency through the e-agenda, straight-through processing, ensuring scalability to grow in the market
- Provide leadership to commercialize new and existing product offerings in the market.
- Directly responsible for commercialization of new product capabilities by ensuring commercialization plans, targets, and infrastructure to maximize the success of it launch
- Be a critical advocate, internally and externally for the TB business with the commensurate presence, credibility, and communication ability to manage internal and external stakeholders in the region externally (including client education and commercial opportunities) and internally across functions.
- Understand the needs of customers and prospects, and implement structures and solutions to meet these needs ensuring delivery of all SCB related capabilities
People and Talent
- Provide strong leadership to the in-country team
- Be a lead market advocate for TB participating and representing the Bank in industry bodies and market forums.
- Actively influence regulatory and public policy agenda through regular engagement with key regulators; be a point of reference in the region to give context to proposed regulations
- Provide leadership, coaching and motivation to the team and ensure that members are adequately equipped and trained to handle their role and work effectively in a matrix organisation.
- Identify and mitigate the Operational, Credit, Regulatory, and Business conduct risks relating to TB products within the country.
- Ensure country compliance with Group standards for Audit, Control, and financial reporting including reporting of risks to BORF/CORGs
- Work with operations to improve overall service standards and to ensure that the quality of service to customers remains superior to the competition
- Ensure timely renewal of country addendums (CAs) to PPGs and proactively work with stakeholders to identify and quantify new and existing risks.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Trade Product to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct, and compliance matter
- *Customers (across the breadth of the portfolio)
- Trade associations
- Infrastructure providers
- Trade and industry journals
- Competitors (industry initiatives)
- Regulators and Government agencies
- *TB Sales Segment Heads and I&CM heads
- *TB Regional head
- *CCIB Regional Head
- FM Country Head
- *Central Product and Client Access management
- *Operations – CSG, CIO
- Credit – CRC
- Finance – CFO
- Legal and CFCC
- Relevant country committees (ALCO…)
Our Ideal Candidate
- A good first degree. Master will be an advantage
- 10 years of Corporate Banking experience with the last 4 yrs in Credit Origination, Solution Structuring, and Product Management
- Excellent understanding of back to back Trade Operations and Product Delivery
- Good Appreciation of Front end Risk Management and governance
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: APRIL 14, 2022
For more job opportunities, CLICK HERE
- Marie Stopes International Ghana Job Opportunity
- Job Vacancy at Fiaseman Rural Bank
- Cardno International Development Invites Job Applications
- KB Farms Exciting Career Opportunity
- Jumia Ghana Invites Job Applications
- Latest Job Recruitment at Worldreader
- African Union Calls For Job Applications
- Mo Ibrahim Foundation Exciting Career Opportunities
- G-PAK Limited New Job Opportunities
- Tampico Beverages New Employment Opportunity
- Creative Associates International Job Available
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED