JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR OF WORKS AND PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
The Director of Works and Physical Development is responsible to the Vice Chancellor of the University
The Position/Job Description
The Director of Works and Physical Development shall perform the following functions:
- Produce all architectural and engineering designs, drawings and bills of quantities for all University construction projects
- Supervise and certify all University construction works and contracts to ensure that construction and works are in consonance with prevailing industry standards and specifications.
- Oversee the management of construction contracts with the view to ensuring compliance and due delivery of projects
- Advise on the procurement of consultancy services relating to the provision of technical advice on construction in compliance with national laws and regulations
- Responsible for the supervision of construction, management and maintenance of the buildings, roads, drains, parks and gardens of the University.
- In consultation with relevant departments and units of the University, advise on the management and control of land and land use of the University
- Advise the Vice Chancellor and the University Council on matters relating to land and development.
- Perform any other functions that the Vice-Chancellor and the Governing Council assign to him/her from time to time.
Terms of Appointment
- The Director of Works and Physical Development shall hold office for an initial term of four (4) years.
- The appointment may be renewed, upon application by the Director for a further term of up to four (4) years only.
- The terms and conditions of the appointment shall be determined by the Governing Council consistent with the Technical Universities Act, 2016 (Act 922) as amended, the Statutes of Dr. Hilla Limann Technical University and the Harmonised Scheme of Service for Technical Universities in Ghana
Qualification and Experience
- Applicant must have a minimum of Masters’ Degree in the Built- Environment or relevant area of study PLUS relevant Professional Qualification
- Applicant must be a member of good standing of a recognised professional body
- Applicant must have served as Deputy Director of Works and Physical Development in a University OR comparable grade in a similar institution for at least six (6) years
- Be computer literate
How to Apply
- Applicant should submit an application letter and a statement of not more than 4 pages (Time New Roman, font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining his/her vision for the Works and Physical Development Directorate of the University and strategies for implementation
- Applicant should attach CV including names and addresses of 3 referees who can attest to the qualities of the applicant
- All applications should be addressed to the Chairperson of the Search Committee
- Applications must be hand-delivered in a sealed envelope or by a courier, to the Registry of the University and signed for.
- Applications can also be submitted using email to the address below:
Search Committee for Director of Works and Physical Development
C/o Office of the Senior Assistant Registrar (HR)
Dr. Hilla Limann Technical University
P.O. Box 553
Deadline for submission: 16th March, 2021
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED