DIRECTOR OF INTERNAL AUDIT
The Director of Internal Audit is a high level independent corporate executive with overall responsibility for the Internal Audit. He/she must be folly conversant with the risks, goals, policies, and processes of the University.
The Director of Internal Audit administratively reports to the Vice Chancellor. The internal audit reports shall be submitted to the University Audit Committee through the Vice Chancellor and copied to the Director-General of the Internal Audit Agency and the Auditor General.
In general, the Internal Auditor shall provide an independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the University’s operations. He/She shall help the University accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluating and improving risk management, control, and governance processes.
The Position/Job Description
The Director of Internal Audit shall be responsible for:
- determining the reliability and adequacy of accounting,
- the financial and operational controls in the University;
- for evaluating the procedures of the University to determine whether results are consistent with stated objectives and goals;
- monitoring reports and ensures compliance with the relevant laws and regulations compliance with established policies, plan and procedures;
- appraising the quality of performance of those carrying out assigned responsibilities;
- assessing the extent to which assets are accounted for and safeguarded against losses;
- ensuring that reliable records form the basis for the preparation of appropriate financial and other data provided for decision-making;
- drawing the Vice Chancellor’s attention to deficiencies in the system, instances of duplicated fonctions, waste or other inefficiencies with recommendations for remedies where necessary;
- carrying out special reviews of accounting and internal control systems with the view to minimising weaknesses.
- performing any other functions that the Vice Chancellor and the Governing Council assign to him/her from time to time.
Terms of Appointment
- The Director of Internal Audit shall hold office for an initial term of four (4) years. The appointment may be renewed, upon application, for another term of four (4) years only.
- The terms and conditions of the appointment shall be determined by the Governing Council consistent with the Technical Universities Act, 2016 (Act 922) as amended, the Statutes of Dr. Hilla Limann Technical University and the Harmonised Scheme of Service for Technical Universities in Ghana
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicant must be a Chartered Accountant and hold a minimum of Masters’ degree in the relevant field
- He/She must have served as a Deputy Internal Auditor in a University or comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation for at least six (6) years
- Applicant must be computer literate and be conversant with accounting/auditing software applications
- In addition, applicant must:
- be analytical, critical, result-oriented, innovative and visionary;
- possess hands-on ability to work independently;
- possess excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills;
- be a good team player
- possess strong IT skills and be familiar with current accounting/auditing software
- be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines; and
- possess proactive business and commercial flair.
How to Apply
- Applicant should submit an application letter and a statement of not more than 4 pages (Time New Roman, font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining his/her vision for the Audit Directorate of the University and strategies for implementation
- Applicant must show clear evidence of ability to hold schedule(s) without supervision.
- Applicant should attach CV including names and addresses of 3 referees who can attest to the qualities of the applicant
- All applications should be addressed to the Chairperson of the Search Committee
- Applications must be hand-delivered in a sealed envelope or by a courier, to the Registry of the University and signed for, and also be submitted using email to the address below:
Search Committee for Director of Finance
C/o Office of the Senior Assistant Registrar (HR)
Dr. Hilla Limann Technical University
P.O. Box 553, Wa
Deadline for submission: 16th March, 2021
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED