FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director of Finance and Administration for the upcoming Resilience in Northern Ghana (RING) II – Systems Strengthening activity. The RING II activity aims to enhance the wellbeing and resilience of vulnerable populations in 17 districts of northern Ghana through three primary objectives: (1) Local governments plan, finance and deliver essential services that respond to the population’s needs; (2) Local government, non-governmental and private entities collectively implement solutions to improve household resilience and wellbeing; and (3) Citizens influence local service delivery.
This is a full-time position based in Tamale, Ghana for a duration of five years. Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. Availability of the position is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360.
The Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for the primary oversight and in-country leadership of all financial reporting and administrative operations through the life of the program. They will oversee financial operations for the program and conduct continual reporting to ensure the financial health of the program and the correct usage of funds. The successful candidate will have experience working on USAID programs, particularly on contracts, and the ability to oversee staff and partner organization finances, and a strong background in institutionalizing financial best practices.
- Oversee the development of financial, administrative, human resources and operations management systems and processes required to support activity implementation, ensuring compliance with USAID rules and regulations, contract requirements, FHI 360 policies, and host government laws.
- Manage implementation of financial, administrative, and HR policies and procedures that meet activity needs and USAID and FHI 360’s requirements.
- Oversee procurement efforts for the activity including tenders, calls for proposal selection and negotiation with vendors, and management of subcontractors in compliance with USAID rules and regulations, contract requirements, and FHI 360’s policies.
- Ensure compliance with USAID and FHI 360’s policies, regulations and procedures governing the activity contract.
- Develop and manage institutional subcontracts, grants under contracts and government-to-government funding with assistance from the FHI 360 home office support team.
- As a member of the senior management team, play a central role on decision making related to the project, providing succinct and timely information to the SMT across all admin finance and HR activities.
- Play a lead role in budget and planning systems across all elements of the project. Ensure that the budget and audit projections, expenditure, tracking, and reporting are in accordance with USAID and FHI 360’s policies and procedures for compliance and audits, as well as compliance with Ghanaian law.
- Create and maintain financial reporting and tracking systems and provide financial performance updates on activities. Develop and guide the administrative team on annual work planning, and ensure submission of quality operational plans, budgets, and reports.
- Oversees HR management functions including recruitment, hiring, transition, and termination, benefits administration, performance appraisal, and ongoing performance management.
- Upholds the standards of FHI 360 to lead a high performing team and ensure strict compliance to USAID and FHI 360’s regulations and internal controls.
- Master’s degree and at least twelve (12) years of progressively senior experience in business administration, finance, accounting, management, or relevant field is required.
- At least 6 years managing a finance department is required.
- Experience managing finances and complex administration for USAID contracts.
- Excellent financial management skills and knowledge of latest project management tools and computer applications such as Microsoft Office and Quickbooks. Comfortable with cloud-based database tools, like SharePoint, Google Drive and Dropbox.
- Knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and financial reporting required.
- Prior direct experience with procurement compliance, managing grants under contracts and overseeing government-to-government funding.
- Ability to advise teams on new approaches that sustain and/or improve project delivery.
- Ability to sustain timeliness of program delivery amidst adaptations from changing operational demands and client feedback.
- Strong analytical and computer skills, with emphasis on budgeting and financial analysis.
- Experience in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in Ghana or similar development context, highly preferred
- Demonstrated excellent spoken and written communication and presentation skills, with fluency in English.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
CLOSING DATE: Ongoing
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
ASEM ABA! Lèåked tape of what Power Fm Journalist said about Akufo-Addo
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED