We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director for Administration and Finance for the Ghana SAGES Activity. This position will be based in Ghana and is contingent upon award.
The anticipated 5-year Strengthening Accountability in Ghana’s Education System (SAGES) Activity seeks to increase and strengthen accountability in the education sector.
The project will include support to operationalize the government’s education accountability framework by enhancing the supervision of education personnel from the district to the school level, improving the ability of local authorities and District Education Authorities to implement the framework and address teacher professional behavior issues such as high teacher absenteeism and inadequate time on task in the classroom, and engaging school management committees and parent-teacher associations to harness community support for improved school management and education quality.
The project will also strengthen citizen action and engagement at the local level to ensure that the government delivers quality services with increased accountability. The project will work with the Ministry of Education (MOE) and the Ghana Education Service (GES) at the national level and will have a strong focus in the North.
The Administration and Finance Manager will report to the Project Manager/COP. As responsibilities he/she will have to:
- Manage the day-to-day administration, accounting and finance function for the project, including supervision of a Finance Officer, Grants Officer and Procurement and HR Officer.
- Review and analyze monthly financial reports, including production lines, budget vs. actual reports, forecasts and accruals, in coordination with the head office.
- Maintain FHI 360 accounting systems up to date, providing technical support and resolving system related issues.
- Ensure financial reports are submitted accurately and on time.
- Ensure compliance with USAID, FHI 360 and host country policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper segregation of duties between different financial tasks and functions.
- Design and review procedures to comply with and maintain the organization’s tax exempt status.
- Collect and present financial data for annual budget planning, reporting and analysis.
- Respond to internal and external audit requests.
- Develop capacity and train staff and partners on financial policies and procedures, GAAP practices, and U.S. Government rules and regulations.
- Participate in the most critical and confidential aspects of financial analysis.
- With COP oversight, manage and guide the day-to-day activities of the project, with emphasis on subcontract management, facilities and general administrative operations of the program.
- Ensure that all operations, administrative and contractual activities and expenditures are consistent with the project work plan and budget and with FHI 360 and USAID rules and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with local labor laws and established procedures.
- Develop and ensure compliance with safety protocols.
- Oversee administrative activities related to fiscal management, human resources, logistics and other administrative activities.
- Oversee grants management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- APPLY NOW || University of Cape Coast Available Job Vacancies
- Administrative Officers needed at GIZ Ghana
- Account Officers needed urgently at Ghana Hotels
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent in accounting, finance, public administration, business administration or related field.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience working with international organizations managing programs of similar complexity.
- Advanced knowledge of donor rules and regulations, such as the U.S. government, including USAID.
- Experience using accounting software.
- Strong demonstrated management, interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills, as well as the ability to work closely in teams and network with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should click on the link below
CLOSING DATE: March 10, 2022
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED