Director – Academics at Design & Technology Institute (DTI)
- To set high standards and goals for academic and administrative success, as well as to provide strategic and academic leadership, direction, and coordination within the Institute. This will help make TVET education productive.
- Strategy and leadership are two of the most important jobs.
- Make a plan for long-term success that outlines the Institute’s main goals as a TVET education star school.
- Come up with and implement a plan to make the community aware of the Institute. Represent the Institute in the local community to help more people learn about it and improve its image.
- Build good working relationships with the Ghana Education Service (GES), CTVET, and Industry to stay up-to-date on new developments, review and explain important laws, and make sure the Institute follows all legal rules.
- Build and keep up an excellent reputation for the Institute, which is supported by external accreditation, student excellence, and national and foreign recognition and awards.
- Add ways to measure how each student and each year group is growing as a whole into the monitoring and evaluating of the work of all academic programs.
- Come up with the Institute’s academic rules and policies.
- Work with the heads of the different areas to oversee the creation of curriculum for all programs and to make sure they run smoothly.
- Set up a regular plan for evaluating and reviewing the program to make sure it stays useful.
- Look over and agree to new projects coming into the Institute.
- Make rules about how curriculums are made, how teachers teach, and how students are tested.
- Make sure that the Institute’s teaching programs meet the needs of students and are well-planned so that they work well.
- Make and review rules about the curriculum, Schemes of Work, and any other handbooks for students and teachers.
- Have a good idea of how the DTI learning programs and TVET standards are different and how they should be used when evaluating, coordinating, and making changes to the school’s curriculum, academic goals, and standards.
- Make sure that all exams, tests, and grades are organized, given, and published in an effective and efficient way.
- Set up budgets and educational tools with the help of the teaching staff and the Finance team.
- Make sure that kids and teachers can learn in a safe place.
- Give staff the chance to work on school projects and ideas through staff committees.
- Work on student projects closely with the Industry and Workplace Coordinator (IWC).
- Set performance goals with key performance indicators (KPIs) for direct reporting and make sure they are regularly tracked and evaluated through performance reviews and evaluations.
- Be in charge of setting success goals, KPIs, and evaluations for the whole education team.
- Make sure teachers and staff have access to training and development chances so they can improve their skills and give high-quality training.
- Make sure that the school has a high level of discipline, academic excellence, and moral excellence.
- Keep track of the staff’s time off.Make suggestions about how to hire teachers and other staff when needed.
- Be a part of the Executive Management Team and take on all of the jobs and responsibilities that come with it.
- Be in charge of the team of top managers in charge of education.
- Do any other jobs that the President might give you from time to time.
- Internal: President, Operations Team, Project Team, Head Quality Assurance, Dean of Students, Registrar, Assistant Head of Institute.
- External: CTVET, Ministry of Education, Community Leaders, Parents, Other Government Agencies, MasterCard Foundation, CEO Accents and Art.
Needed Qualifications and Experience
The right person should have:
- A master’s degree in Engineering, Technical Education, or Educational Management. Qualifications in General Management would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 12-15 years of working experience preferably in Technical and Vocational Education, five (5) of which should have been at a Senior leadership level.
- Be conversant with workplace learning experience.
- Experience in an international school would be a plus.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA)
- Emerging trends in Technical and Vocational Education.
- Curriculum Development in accordance with CBT-based competencies/guidelines.
- Development of lesson plans
- Industry Partners.
- Multicultural Awareness.
- Comprehensive understanding of the national educational system and its regulation.
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills – with both strategic and delivery partners.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication (written and oral) skills facilitating work with all constituencies of the school community.
Must have ability to:
- Work collaboratively with colleagues internally and externally.
- Think strategically and synthesize complex information.
- Combine long-term planning and short-term reactive work, and excel in both.
- Generate creative solutions and meet challenges with resourcefulness.
- Work independently and under pressure in a multitasking environment employing organizationally sound decision-making.
- Make quick decisions under pressure and resolve problems.
- Coach, Mentor and inspire.
- Appreciate cultural norms.
How To Apply For Director – Academics at Design & Technology Institute (DTI)
All CVs and applications letters are to be submitted electronically to: email@example.com
All applicants should clearly state the role they are applying for in the subject of the email and application letter.
Closing Date: 23 June 2023
Also, For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Firstly, Newmont Mining Corporation Latest Job Offer
- Secondly, New Job Vacancy at Serendipalm Co. Ltd.
- Thirdly, Job Vacancy at Food and Agriculture Organization
- Then, Abt Associates Calls For Job Applications
- Also, New Job Advertisement at Old Mutual
- Moreover, Job Opening at International Cocoa Initiative (ICI)
- Additionally, AirtelTigo Latest Job Recruitment Announcement
- More so, Chirano Gold Mines Limited Job Opportunities
- Afterward, Norsaac Calls For Job Applications
- Lastly, ABS Bureau New Job Announcement
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED