DIRECT ENTRY TECHNICIAN (MARINE ENGINEERING) – UK ROYAL ARMY
What you’ll do
Joining as a Direct Entry Technician (Marine Engineering) effectively accelerates your naval career by three ranks. You’ll start at Petty Officer, which means you’ll get to use your expertise and leadership skills at the head of an engineering team.
No two days in the Royal Navy are the same. Whether you’re in the Engine Room of a warship or training at a shore base, there’s a unique camaraderie that can’t be matched as a civilian.
- When you’re deployed at sea, you’ll take the role of Marine Engineering Department Section Head, where you’ll lead on vital engineering projects.
- Depending on your chosen specialism, you’ll be responsible for sophisticated electrical or mechanical equipment across either propulsion, controls or ship systems.
- You’ll provide crucial support to the Head of Group, ensuring the systems in your charge are maintained and repaired to the highest level.
- As a senior member of your team, you’ll be responsible for providing guidance and training for less experienced engineers.
Pay and benefits
- A starting salary of £38,500, rising to £51,000 as your career progresses.
- An excellent non-contributory pension scheme – we pay into it for you, so you don’t have to sacrifice any salary.
- Six weeks of paid holiday every year – plus public holidays.
- Free medical and dental care.
- Amazing opportunities, including world travel and adventurous training for two weeks every year.
- Free gym and sports, from football to kayaking to kite-surfing.
- Forces Help to Buy scheme – a 0% loan to get you on, or further up, the housing ladder.
- Subsidised travel, accommodation and food.
- Handy discounts with lots of top brands, from Marriott hotels to Audi cars and high street stores.
- You’ll need to be under 18 to 39 years old
- A minimum of two GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade 4 or above in English Language and Mathematics
- A formal academic engineering qualification at minimum of Level 4 (HNC or equivalent)
- Three years’ experience maintaining and diagnosing faults on electric or mechanical systems. Relevant systems include; propulsion, controls, diesel engines, water plant, power generation and refrigeration
- Experience supervising and line managing at least two engineering technicians
- A National of the United Kingdom, a Commonwealth citizen or Dual National
- Pass the Naval Swimming Test
Skills and interests
- A quick thinker, with a passion for working with the latest equipment and technology
- A problem-solver who can work well as part of a team
- A real sense of adventure, with a high level of physical and mental fitness
- Enthusiasm for fixing and maintaining electronic and mechanical systems
HOW TO APPLY FOR DIRECT ENTRY TECHNICIAN (MARINE ENGINEERING) – UK ROYAL ARMY
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- UK JOBS: RECEPTIONIST PAID $29.8K A YEAR AND OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATOR PAID $57.5K
- WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT JOBS IN THE UK PAYING £24K – £30K PER ANNUM
- KITCHEN HELPER JOB PAID $15 PER HOUR IN ALBERTA
- WAITER/WAITRESS JOB PAID $19 PER HOUR IN ALBERTA
- HIGH DEMAND JOBS IN LONDON
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED