Established in 2000, the World Cocoa Foundation (WCF) is the world’s leading organization for cocoa sustainability.
The long-term goals of WCF are set out in our new strategy:
Prosperous cocoa farmers become truly sustainable and profitable, with
transformation of traditional smallholder farming into modern business that deliver
sustainable livelihoods for farmers and their families;
Empowered cocoa-growing communities lead their own development, human
rights are protected, and safety and wellbeing of children and families are strengthened;
and a healthy planet is conserved and enhanced, with resilient and biodiverse landscapes
in cocoa geographies, and the carbon footprint of the sector is reduced.
The successful candidate will
- Consult with ACI II project management unit (PMU) on methodology.
- Undertake a comprehensive documentary review on industry DFS implementation
- Conduct background interviews with company heads of sourcing, finance officers,
sustainability program managers and coordinators on digital payments.
- Development of data capture tools.
- Undertake field interviews with beneficiaries (LBCs, District Managers,
Purchasing Clerks, Farmers) and data collection.
- Conduct a detailed analysis of the data collected to reflect the objective of the
- Reporting on the finding from the assessment.
- Report on desk review and company interviews.
- Detailed methodology including itinerary with target locations.
- Consolidated report on field data collection and analysis.
- PPT Presentation of findings to stakeholders.
- Submission of final report.
Qualification and Experience
Advanced Master’s degree in economics, public/business administration, ICT, social sciences, or related discipline or the equivalent experience; and Additional training related to digital financial services is highly desirable in courses like Certified
Digital Finance Practitioner (CDFP)
- A minimum of five (5) years dedicated experience in digital finance, payment systems or
electronic payments required.
- A minimum of two (2) years working experience in the Ghana payments ecosystem sector.
- Experience in the formulation of strategies, policies & implementation procedures in
digital payments at the private sector agribusiness level.
- Working knowledge of agribusiness supply chain distribution, financial & logistics
implementation & current developments including innovative information delivery
methods (e.g. learning platforms, information exchange, etc.) and payments (e.g., mobile financial services, pre-paid cards, etc.) essential. Specific experience in the cocoa sector an added advantage.
- Detailed and knowledgeable about the Ghana payments landscape, including topical
issues and digital payments regulatory environment
- Understanding of issues related to financial inclusion.
- Fluency (full working proficiency) in English and local languages (e.g Twi, Fanti) will
be an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of current developments in payment tech & platforms, including
innovative payment methods (e.g., mobile financial services, pre-paid/reloadable/other
- Solid skills in agribusiness supply chain distribution, financial and logistics
implementation, and analysis. Specific experience in the cocoa sector a plus.
- Good network with financial service providers and other digital financial services
ecosystem. A focus on agribusiness and rural areas an added advantage.
- Understanding of key issues and international good practice relating to financial inclusion,
and digital financial services consumer protection issues.
- Excellent presentation and representation skills in multicultural contexts; and,
- Ability to translate complex technical ideas to a non-technical audience verbally & in
Method of Application
Closing date: Ongoing
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED