POSITION: Asst Manager Construction
Overall Responsibility: Assist the Construction Manager in general supervision, coordination, and monitoring of Supervisors.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise and coordinate the work of Site Supervisors.
- Monitor the day to day performance of Site Supervisors and make recommendations on appropriate corrective measures to the Construction Manager.
- Conduct routine checks on the quality of work executed by artisans and subcontractors.
- Assist in the training of Site Supervisors.
- Prepare requisition and allocation of construction materials such as cement, blocks, iron rods, tiles, paint, joinery, etc. Coordinate with the store’s department for safe delivery and utilization on site.
- Ascertain quantities of construction materials used in the execution of works.
- Ensure efficient use of materials issued to contractors, subcontractors, and artisans.
- Assist in the undertaking of final inspection and handing over of completed units in accordance with the handing over the procedure.
- Assist the Construction Manager in organizing the supervision of the works with proper allocation and responsibilities to the individual site supervisors and supervising their work/activities to ensure effective execution and coordination.
- Ensure that all optional features requested by Home Owners/Clients are properly carried out.
- Certify works properly executed by contractors, subcontractors, or artisans for payment.
- Provide guidance on construction technology, materials application to the supervisory team.
- Liaise with stores to ensure that the materials requested are supplied on time.
- Check the contractor’s setting out and supervising the construction and quality control measures in respect of works.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining inspection reports and records to adequately document the progress and performance of works.
- Supervise and ensure that quality control measures for the works are complied with.
- Coordinate and outline the workforce optimally by distributing responsibility to supervisors.
- Coordinate the repairs and maintenance of construction office equipment and site facilities.
- MSc – Architecture or Construction ManagementMinimum of 3 years of hands-on field experience in the supervision of building works at a construction site.
- Must be a good user of AutoCAD, MS Project, and MS Excel/Word, and must be able to read and understand all types of building design, engineering, and construction drawings.
- Experience in the Real Estate Industry is a Plus.
- Experience in the preparation and review of the construction bill of quantities (BOQ) is a Plus.
- Must be computer literate, and proficient with Microsoft Office
- The candidate must be skilled in problem-solving and analysis; understand and use statistical process control tools to solve problems.
- Good interpersonal relationship
- Able to work within a team and alone.
The Successful applicant must be willing to travel and stay outside Accra for project assignments of six months duration or more.
DEADLINE: Wednesday, 15th July 2020 at 5 pm.
CONDITIONS: Only qualified candidates should apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- must be ready and willing to be interviewed immediately and start work within two weeks from the interview date.
HOW TO APPLY: Email CV, Application Letter & Relevant Documents with Two References:
PLEASE NOTE: Indicate “Assistant Manager – Construction” as the subject of the email.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED