DENTAL OFFICER – UK ROYAL ARMY
Being a Dental Officer in the Royal Navy means using your skills outside the confines of a civilian surgery and taking charge of the primary dental healthcare for an entire ship’s company. If it sounds like a massive task, that’s because it is, but you’ll have the support of a dedicated team, including a Dental Hygienist and a Dental Nurse.
Together, you’ll make a vital contribution to the wellbeing of the people who protect our nation’s interests, every day. And you’ll do it all over the world, from the shore bases in the UK, to warships in the Caribbean.
- You’ll work on large warships, including our state-of-the-art Type 45 Destroyers, where you’ll have a fully-fitted dental surgery and access to the sick bay’s operating theatre and ward facilities. On smaller ships, you’ll manage the portable dental unit that travels with you.
- Join at a rank that reflects your experience, and take the opportunity to complete specialist training in areas such as periodontics or endodontics. You’ll also develop your management and leadership skills through our world-class courses and mentoring schemes.
- Even the smallest dental problem can have a serious effect on the morale of a crew member and the effectiveness of the wider ship’s company. You’ll work with your team to complete preventative dentistry and deal with a full range of clinical problems, in some of the most challenging conditions imaginable.
- Outside your practice, you’ll have a vital operational role to play. You could find yourself in a combat or disaster zone, where you’ll need to put flight-deck control, firefighting and advanced life support training to use.
Pay and benefits
- £74,000 Minimum salary from day one
- Opportunities to study for specialist qualifications such as periodontics or endodontics
- An excellent pension scheme
- Six weeks of paid holiday every year
- Free medical and dental care
- You must be between 18 and 54 years old, and under 45 if you still need professional training
- 5 GCSEs at grades A-C (9-4) which must include English Language and Maths B(6) or above
- Cadetships are available for your final three years at a UK dental school (not including your intercalation year)
- To join directly you’ll need a dentistry degree and full General Dental Council registration
- A National of the United Kingdom, a Commonwealth Citizen or Dual National
- A Body Mass Index (BMI) between 18 and 28 (between 17 and 27 if under 18)
- Pass the Naval Swimming Test
Skills and interests
- An ambitious, passionate dental professional
- A confident leader
- Always calm under pressure
- Have a spirit of adventure
HOW TO APPLY FOR DENTAL OFFICER – UK ROYAL ARMY
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- UK JOBS: RECEPTIONIST PAID $29.8K A YEAR AND OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATOR PAID $57.5K
- WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT JOBS IN THE UK PAYING £24K – £30K PER ANNUM
- KITCHEN HELPER JOB PAID $15 PER HOUR IN ALBERTA
- WAITER/WAITRESS JOB PAID $19 PER HOUR IN ALBERTA
- HIGH DEMAND JOBS IN LONDON
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED