DATA SCIENTIST AT GSS
DATA SCIENTIST AT GSS. The Ghana Statistical Service is the government agency charged with the responsibility of providing quality, relevant, accurate, and timely statistical information for the purpose of national development. It has offices in all the sixteen (16) regions of the country.
- The Service invites applications from qualified Ghanaians who are goal-oriented
and results-driven to apply for the under-listed positions within the Service:
- Manipulate and present geographical information by developing programs to convert GIS information to other formats.
- Recreate geographical spaces using GIS techniques and remote sensing imagery.
- Integrate different geo-spatial data resources
- Analyze and integrate GIS data with other data sources to assess relationships across a wide range of socio-demographic, behavioral, spatial, environmental, and economic variables.
POSITION: DATA SCIENTIST
- To provide technical support to automate statistical processes, enhance precision in the production of statistical outputs and harness new data sources to improve the scope and scale of data products accessible to policymakers and other data users.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The specific duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Transform diverse data formats including spatial, administrative, big data, and pictorial into analyzable forms using contemporary data mining and artificial intelligence techniques.
- Develop algorithms and employ machine learning techniques to analyze complex, large, and multiple datasets.
- Compile and provide adjustment factors to address biases across different sources and modes of data collection.
- Forecast outcomes of a wide range of socio-demographic, behavioral, and economic variables.
- Adapt off-the-shelf tools for monitoring and evaluating a wide range of data within Ghana Statistical Services across the National Statistical System, and national and sub-national policy-making units.
- At least a Master’s degree from an accredited tertiary institution in any of the following: Statistics, Technical Demography, Engineering, Computer Science, Geography, Economics, Mathematics, Sociology, and related fields.
- Must have completed a one-year national service.
- Must have at least two years’ work experience in the data science landscape, which includes Data Analyst, Data Engineer, and Machine Learning Engineer at a reputable organization.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Programming knowledge (R, Python, SQL, etc)
- Applying machine learning techniques such as clustering, algorithms, decision tree learning, and artificial neural networks.
- Handling, management, and analysis of traditional and non-traditional data.
- Modeling complex socio-demographic, behavioral, and economic conceptual frameworks.
- Employing advanced statistical and econometric estimation techniques including parametric and nonparametric regression models.
- Writing manuscripts, journal articles, and policy briefs.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants are to submit their application letters and CVs to the address below:
Human Resource Directorate
Ghana Statistical Service
P. O. Box GP 1098
Via Email: [email protected]
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
The closing date of application is 18th April 2022
Qualified women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
For more job opportunities, CLICK HERE
- NGC KARIDA Agrosciences Ltd Job Recruitment
- Ministry of Trade and Industry GEPA agency recruitment
- GIZ Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- FARA Jobs For Consultants, Suppliers, Contractors and Service Providers
- Marie Stopes International Ghana Job Opportunity
- Job Vacancy at Fiaseman Rural Bank
- Cardno International Development Invites Job Applications
- KB Farms Exciting Career Opportunity
- Jumia Ghana Invites Job Applications
- Latest Job Recruitment at Worldreader
- African Union Calls For Job Applications
- Mo Ibrahim Foundation Exciting Career Opportunities
- G-PAK Limited New Job Opportunities
- Tampico Beverages New Employment Opportunity
- Creative Associates International Job Available
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED