Abt is currently seeking qualified individuals to fill a temporary position of Data Cleaning/Entry Assistant (20 positions). Successful candidates will be contracted for up to 2 months. Candidates that live in any of the following districts will be preferred: Bunkpurugu-Nakpanduri/Yunyoo-Nasuan (Nakpanduri), Tatale-Sanguli, East Mamprusi (Gambaga), Gushegu, Karaga, Kumbungu, Mamprugu Moaduri (Yagaba), West Mamprusi (Walewale).
Responsibilities of Data Entry Assistant
- Enter data collected during the project activities into a project database.
- Perform regular and extensive data cleaning.
- Address data collection errors and perform regular data cleaning
- Generate and print various data reports from a database when requested
- File all completed data forms according to project data filing protocols
- Support relevant sessions of trainings for seasonal IRS workers on mobile Data collection (MDC)
- Sync mobile data from tablets to the database and charge the tablets on daily basis
- Provide ad hoc technical support to spray teams on mobile data collection
- Conduct data collection verification exercises in the communities when required
- Support verification and reconciliation of community mobilizer days worked/payments
Required Skills or Experience
Requirements for Data Entry Assistant position
- Minimum of Diploma in computer science, data management or any other related field
- Certificate in DHIS2 is required (visit the following link for free course on DHIS 2 and certification: https://academy.dhis2.org/courses/HISP/DHIS2_Level1/2015_Q1/about)
- Experience in data entry and management is an advantage
- Good interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Proficiency in English and one or more northern Ghanaian language will be an advantage
- Comfortable using spreadsheet applications, such as MS Excel.
- Comfortable using, troubleshooting, and providing support on smart devices usage.
- Comfortable with using the DHIS 2 system for data entry, cleaning and reporting (Previous experience in IRS activities is an added advantage)
How To Apply
To apply, submit an application letter and CV, address to “Through the Operations Manager” PMI VectorLink Project, Ghana- Tamale, using one of the instructions below:
- Email application to the following address: [email protected]
- please indicate the position and job title in the subject line of the email. Emails without district and Job title will not be considered.
- Deliver application by hand to the Abt/PMI VectorLink Project office located near the former VSO office off the SSNIT Road BB Gas Junction, Tamale.
Deadline for submission of applications is 5:00PM Tuesday December 15th, 2020.
Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED