National Identification Authority (NIA) invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians who are goal-oriented, results-driven and have exceptional leadership qualities for appointment as Data Centre Manager
Established under the National Identification Authority Act, 2006 (Act 707), the National Identification Authority (NIA) is mandated to provide accurate, reliable, and timely information on all Citizens of Ghana and non-citizens legally resident in Ghana for Socio-economic development
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
To offer strategic leadership for the management of the National Identification System of the National Identification Authority in the maintenance of the National Identity Register through proving skills for network security administration matters of NIA.
National identification Authority (NIA) Data Center
The NIA Data Centre is a Tier 3 Centre (concurrently maintainable site infrastructure) and consists of the following:
This network infrastructure connects servers (physical and virtualized) data centre services, storage, and external connectivity to Agencies and Organisations’ locations
Data in the fuel of the modern data centre, Storage systems are used to hold this valuable commodity
Applications are the engines of a data centre. These servers provide the processing, memory, local storage, and network connectivity that drive applications
Uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), ventilation, cooling system, fire suppression, backup generators, and connections to modern networks.
The Data Centre Manager will be responsible for the following duties:
- Analyse and determine the appropriate layout of all equipment in the data centre with the help of balancing and cooling.
- The NIA data Centre manager needs Data Analysis Skills, Service Level Management expertise and Networking with Hardware Infrastructure Skills
- Mondor and supervise all data contra solutions.
- Assist various departments, agencies and organisations in installations and removal of data centre hardware as per requirement.
- Document all power and space schematics and ensure accuracy in the same
- Perform installation and ensure the effective layout of all tools in the cabling industry as per industry best practices.
- Monitor all data centre assets for tracking information
- Coordinate with vendors and resource engineers and ensure effective completion of all installation hardware at various data centres
- Ensure capacity planning, perform power audits and ensure appropriate supply of power to all equipment
- Maintain Access Control System to the data centre and ensure
appropriate management of the access system.
- Manage all malfunctioning backup tape equipment and perform preventative and corrective maintenance on equipment to reduce outages.
- Monitor all issues and escalate them to appropriate departments for effective resolution.
- Supervise all equipment such as alarm systems and firefighting tools.
- Ensure compliance schedule for everyday operations
- Supervise all batch jobs as per requirement.
- Maintain standards of service levels at all times, ensure a response within a timeframe and manage all available services.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and direction for in-house staff for the safe and reliable operations of a data centre and infrastructure systems
- Implement Business Continuity procedures with a focus on Incident Management, and Disaster Recovery processes.
- Supervise SLAs, production support, standards, and best practices for the Biometric technology organisation.
- Assist with the implementation and evangelisation of cyber security best practise and lead cyber incident response/management if necessary
- Assist with the planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures
- Design and implement short-and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and project management
- Participate in the development of IT strategies in collaboration with peer and senior management
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development and evaluation of all in-scope infrastructure systems
- Work with peer Infrastructure and other Technology and Biometrics Managers to provide input into the departmental vision and strategic road map for Data Centre technical platforms
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the senior management, decision-makers. stakeholders, department managers, and end-users regarding pertinent infrastructure activities
- Provide organisational and cultural change leadership and change management
- Build a culture of pro-activity, business cooperation, continuous improvement, and exceptional service deliver
- Manage available system Resources on a priority basis.
- Manage staff schedules to ensure system availability
- Understand the organisation’s business process to ensure maximum operation
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least a Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunication, Computer Engineering or related field from an approved university
- Professional Certificates in Information Technology such as Oracle, DCIM etc.
- At least 8 years of experience leading IT Units and strategic IT Projects
- At least 8 years of practical technical experience building and supporting many of the following services and technologies six (6) of which should be in management position:
a. Disaster Recovery
b. Extensive experience leading infrastructure delivery teams inclusive of scope, scheduling, budgeting, and project planning in an environment with aggressive delivery goals
c. Expertise with vendor management, negotiation and oversight of vendor resources (SLA management)
d. Experience in transforming teams through Technology and Biometric Technology
A minimum of eight (8) years of applicable working experience in a Public Service Organisation or in a reputable Private Sector Organisation of which at least 6) years must have been in Senior Management (Principal Officer) position.
As a Data Centre Manager, you must the following competencies:
Data Analytical skills
Expertise in Service Level Management
- Networking with Hardware Infrastructure Skills.
- Ability to make sound and logical judgments
- Strong customer relationship and customer service skills
- Exceptional written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations
- Hands-on leader, visionary, and problem solver with a passion for excellence
- Outstanding performer, persistent and pro-active leader, exceptionally detail-oriented, and driven to exceed expectations
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to enforce policies
- Expert knowledge in Public Procurement Process, Public Procurement Act, 2003 (Act 663) as amended.
- Expert knowledge in Public Sector ICT Infrastructure Management
- Electronic Transaction Act, 2008 (772), Electronic Communications Act, 2008 Act 775 etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Communications and Digitalisation issues across the public sector.
- Strong emotional intelligence in dealing with systems and people.
- Strong monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Be very conversant with the Data Protection ACT, 2012 (Act 843), Electronic Transaction ACT, 2008 (772), and Right to Information Bill etc.
- Strong understanding and awareness of Cyber Security issues
- Good knowledge and understanding of Public Financial Management Law
- Policy and Strategic Management
- Ethical Leadership
Applicants must have knowledge of the following:
- National Identification Act, (Act 707)
- Citizenship Act, 2000 (Act 591)
- Electronic Transaction Act 2008 (772)
- National Identity Register Act, 2008, (Act 750)
- Data Protection Act. 2012 (Act 843)
- National Identity Register (Amendment) Act 2017, (Act 950)
- Citizenship Regulations, 2001 (LI 1690)
- National Identity Register Regulations 2012 (L12111)
- National Identity Register (Amendment) Regulation 2018, (LI 2356)
Salary and other conditions of service as applicable in the Public Service.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit the following supporting documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Original copies of academic and professional certificates
- The addresses of three (3) referees, including telephone number(s) and e-mail.
The applications, together with the above-listed documents, should be forwarded to:
THE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION AUTHORITY
P. O. BOX M680 ACCRA
CLOSING DATE: Not later than Wednesday, 13th April 2022
N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
LATEST JOB OPPORTUNITIES:
- New Employment Opportunity at OpenSpec
- Senior Manager, Digital Channels Job at MTN Ghana
- Exciting Career Opportunity at General Electric Power
- Design & Technology Institute Latest Job Opening
- Job Vacancy at JSI Research & Training Institute
- Advertised Vacancies|| Bonzali Rural Bank limited latest job Openings
- Voltic Ghana Limited Latest Job Vacancy
- Ghana Chemicals Limited Exciting Job Opportunity
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED