Company: Creative Associates
Job Status: Full Time
Education. Masters Degree
Experience: 3 Years
Job Expires: Jan 21, 2021
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
In keeping with donor requirements, Creative strives to ensure that all its projects promote inclusive development by meaningfully integrating gender and social inclusion at each level of programming. Creative also seeks to ensure that its projects engage and respond to the needs of all members of the communities they serve in accordance with USG directives and Creative’s own Gender and Social Inclusion Policies.
The USAID-funded West Africa Trade and Investment Hub (hereinafter referred to as the Trade Hub) is a five-year, $140 million trade and investment facilitation activity that seeks to improve private sector competitiveness in West Africa through a market-based approach. By working in partnership with the private sector and fostering co-investments, the project will generate new private-sector capital investment into key sectors to create jobs and increase trade between the U.S. and West Africa, including through increased utilization of the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA). The project comprises of three main components:
- Design and administration of a Co-Investment Fund for private sector partnerships, including a portion for partnerships in Research and Development (R&D) towards innovating and modernizing practices in Nigeria across five targeted value chains;
- Technical assistance (TA) that directly supports, coordinates, and engages with qualifying recipients (i.e., partners and grantees) to achieve USAID’s trade and food security objectives;
- Urgently respond to the secondary economic impacts of COVID-19, notably to 1) increase access of working capital with financial actors, 2) prevent and mitigate job losses, and 3) help respond to local and regional supply chain disruptions and shortages of critical medical supplies and services as well as for agricultural inputs and food staples.
Through this Co-Investment Fund and technical assistance, the Trade Hub will improve companies’ abilities to expand business operations, increase productivity, and create jobs that build on the talents and aspirations of West Africa’s growing population. The Trade Hub will collaborate on specific commercial opportunities with firms, service providers, research organizations, as well as other business network actors to access private capital that will contribute to large-scale jobs, exports and investment, particularly with strong demonstrated or potential links to the U.S. companies and investors.
The PPP Officer will support Public-Private Partnership (PPP) efforts in establishing co-investment projects in West Africa.
The PPP Officer’s responsibilities will include:
- Supporting a highly engaged and driven team in a high-paced environment
- Preparing well-structured assessment reports, Excel analyses using advanced formulas and charts, and well-formatted PowerPoint presentations to enhance business and financial analysis efficiently and effectively
- Assessing investment strategies and financial risks associated with potential partnerships with bank and non-bank financial institutions
- Assessing business operations and financial statements of private sector organizations and firms operating in diverse industries using business and finance principles
Reporting and Supervision:
The PPP Officer will report to the PPP Manager.
- Support the PPP Manager in identifying, managing, and monitoring relationships with the private sector companies from strategy development to relationship exit
- Conduct business and Excel-based financial analysis with strong attention to detail
- Create bespoke and customized high-quality templates for reports, Excel, and PowerPoint for use with USAID, business associations, and government officials
- Write multiple investment memos and reports with strong attention to quality and detail
- Utilize online tracker and reporting systems with adeptness
- When requested, professionally present projects to USAID, business associations, government officials, and other stakeholders
- Delicately guide potential partners during the partnership cycle from documentation to problem solving, online application, and data monitoring
- Evaluate concept notes and full applications methodically using business and finance principles to ensure compliance with project objectives
- Oversee and coordinate transactions efficiently and effectively with Grants, M&E, Communication, and HQ
- When required, assist the PPP team in other regions.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send their CVs either in word or PDF format to [email protected] on or before 21stJanuary 2021.
- Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only finalists will be contacted.
- No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
ASEM ABA! Lèåked tape of what Power Fm Journalist said about Akufo-Addo
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED