As part of its operations and business execution, Tullow Oil is looking to appoint a Cost Engineer on a permanent basis, based in Accra, Ghana. The individual will be responsible for ensuring effective cost management and reporting. You will integrate and analyse overall Capex and Opex data monthly for escalation to management team and Group Finance. The Individual will also work with the Operations team, leading the BU in-country Opex/Capex cost reduction initiatives.
We are looking for a forward thinker who will support and execute the annual business plan, cost forecasts and submissions.
The Successful Candidate Responsibilities include:
- Champion the OPEX cost reduction initiative and hold weekly meetings with Ops Managers to update on progress.
- Chair a monthly meeting on behalf of the Ops Managers to review OPEX cost spend for the year and implement recommendations and actions that come from this.
- Assure and ensure that spend is approved by JV partners through the correct AFE approval process through linkage with the JV Manager.
- Provide the TGL input to Business Planning and reforecasting processes through linkage to the Project Services Manager.
- Provide oversight on cost and progress on CAPEX activities in the O&M space.
- Provide oversight on costs and progress on other non-Operational OPEX (e.g. Social Performance, Legal, Infrastructure, IS) that is included and reported as part of O&M spend and include the same in consolidated monthly/quarterly reports.
- Serve as Focal point to interface with Finance and Supply Chain on behalf of Operations: review and align VOWD/Accruals, 3rd Party and JV Audits and review processes, linkage with Cost reporting and Contract’s commitment and controls.
- Support Operations Managers in budget/managing annual cost.
- Liaise with other Cost Controllers as appropriate to ensure consistency.
- Support detailed reviews of the back-up information (Billings) from O&M contractors for final invoices for completeness and accuracy
- Liaise with Accenture and Finance to ensure O&M Contractors account reconciliations are up to date.
- Ensure a seamless relationship between Operations, Finance, Contract Advisors and Cost Control teams in matters relating to actual expenditures, budgets, forecasts, and accruals.
- Support Ops Manager review O&M Contractors purchase requisitions to ensure value for money.
- Provide support to ensure O&M inventory is properly recorded and accounted for.
- Work with Tax and Contract Advisor to ensure O&M Contractors tax liabilities and assets are reported and accounted for by Finance on quarterly basis.
- Ensure application and compliance with all group accounting and Cost procedures, policies, instructions, timetables (month end, yearend, hard close, budgeting cycle) and petroleum contracts (JOAs, PSCs, etc.).
- Contribute to continuous process improvement and related initiatives.
- Support any cost enhancement project implementation.
- Previous experience in the offshore oil industry, working for both Contractor and/or Operator.
- Knowledge and application of Cost and Planning Engineering principles.
- Knowledge of design and implementation of projects in the offshore oil and gas industry.
- Good knowledge of cost management and reporting systems together with ability to consolidate data from several sources for overall presentation.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish good working relationships.
- Good report writing skills
- A bachelor’s degree / or equivalent in Engineer or finance.
- Experience in project management /controls would be an added advantage.
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
- Yara Ghana Latest Employment Opportunity
- Latest Job Opportunity At Pezesha
- Graduate Internship Opportunities At African Entrepreneurship Academy
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
- A performance-driven culture that generates results. A commitment to your personal and professional development.
- A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people. A culture that appreciates inclusion & diversity and provides equal opportunities.
- Recognition and reward for your performance. Our philosophy is to bring people into
- Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial, and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons, and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain, and motivate the best talent in our industry.
Closing Date : 28th Feb. 2022
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licences across 15 countries.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED