Continent Tours is West Africa’s Premier Corporate Travel and Destination Management Company. With operation centers in Ghana, Senegal and Mali, plus affiliate offices throughout West Africa, Continent Tours is strategically positioned to provide all your Corporate Travel and Destination Management Services in West Africa.
Accessibility and Expertise:
Our locations in West Africa allow us to provide the hands-on expertise your clients deserve, while our marketing and sales personnel in North America provides the assurance and customer contact you need.
Continent Tours is seeking to hire a full time Senior Travel Consultant for its Accra Office. Continent Tours Ghana houses a diverse workforce in various departments.
The successful candidate must be professionally versatile in the Travel and Tourism industry including knowledge of operations and customer service.
- Build and develop travel programs for business and leisure clients.
- Create enthralling tour programs and modify itineraries where necessary based on clients needs by diagnosing the client’s specifications.
- Update travel guides with pertinent information through research of various destinations and means of travel regarding prices, customs, weather conditions, reviews etc.
- Furnish clients with package prices while liaising with the Finance Department when sharing payment details.
- Keeping abreast with changing trends in the organization of travels from the onset through booking tickets, transportation, tourist attraction entrance fees and lately updated COVID protocols.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with key persons and bodies including accommodation (hotels, resorts etc.), car rental companies, ticketing agents, MICE venues etc.
- Handle unforeseen problems and complaints proactively and determine eligibility for reimbursements, travel accounts creation to track balances, reserves and carry forwards.
- Liaise with Finance Department to keep track of financial statements and documents.
- Assist with car rental, MICE, hotel reservations and proper dissemination of information between Operations and Digital Marketing Departments.
- Proven working experience as a Travel Consultant or Tour Planner.
- Excellent knowledge of travel software (computer reservations systems, GDS systems and e-travel).
- Proficiency in English; knowledge of additional languages is an advantage.
- Must possess very strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and be able to make effective recommendations based on the client’s needs.
- Well versed in various areas of travel (Domestic, International, Leisure, Group/Individual, Business or MICE etc.).
- Ability to present, persuade, negotiate with partners or suppliers.
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure including deadlines and timelines while remaining in a professional disposition.
- Ability to tour guide is also an added advantage.
- Outstanding organizational, time management and improvisational skills.
- Knowledgeable with IATA regulations for Travel Agents.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships and strategic partnerships
- Be conversant with bearings in at least Ghana, neighboring countries Togo, Benin extension Cote D’Ivoire.
- Proficiency with computers, especially writing programs, such as Google Docs and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Google proficiency and versatility.
Degree in Tourism, Hospitality, Business Administration or related field.
Experience Level: Mid-level
Experience Years: Minimum 6 with a reputable Travel Company
Remuneration: Good Salary
Reply with CV and salary history to [email protected]
Closing Date: 31st March 2022
Candidates with domestic travel experience will be preferred.
ONLY VERIFIABLE EXPERIENCED CANDIDATES NEED APPLY.
- DVLA Approved vehicle inspection center full list of jobs
- Non-bank financial institution jobs
- Company with its partnership in the USA recruiting in Ghana
- More jobs at Rural Banking sector
- Agresearch Lead Latest Employment Opportunities
- Education Development Center (EDC) Invites Job Applications
- APPLY FAST|| Deloitte Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED