February 13th, 2020 at 11:53 am
Elidel Prestige Ltd (EPL), a manpower management company in the oil and gas industry, is recruiting for the following positions on behalf of its client. Aker Energy, a member of the Aker Group and the operating company of the Deepwater Tano Cape Three Points block (“DWT/CTP) in Ghana. Aker Energy aims to become the offshore oil and gas operator of choice in Ghana. Aker Energy is committed to delivering training and industrial development by contributing with several direct and indirect job opportunities in Ghana through its operations, as well as the know-how and experience successfully developed in the Norwegian petroleum industry over the last 30 years.
Senior Compliance Officer Position Summary
The Compliance Officer (reporting to General Manager) will support AGIC’s delivery of Integrity Due Diligence services to other companies in the Aker group, and will be expected to write compliance assessments, undertake interviews and contribute in finding data to inform the IDD process. He/She will also advise on risk-mitigation strategies and provide support to these.
The Compliance Officer will support the Chief Compliance Officer in all efforts to prevent breaches of corruption law and ensure compliance with the expected ethical behaviour; assess investment opportunities and to safeguard that the company and its customers receive accurate information regarding compliance risk
- Develop and hold training sessions for colleagues and third party personnel
- Undertake, administer and review integrity due diligence on third parties
- Maintain a relationship and a dialogue on compliance-related topics with key personnel at third parties
- Support Chief Compliance Officer in assessing and preventing relevant compliance risks
- Support the business to ensure compliance with anti-money laundering, bribery and corruption
- Participate and/or lead audits and reviews of third parties’ compliance risk
- Advise the company on acceptable behaviour and practice with regard to understanding the Ghanaian culture and customs, political environment, public opinion and relevant legal requirements
- Develop memos, presentations, reports and communication material on compliance related topics
- Advise management on relevant compliance issues
- Register and follow up on incidents
- Coordinate reporting and communications with relevant regulators
- Participate in workshops and meetings
- Assist with regulatory matters and corporate compliance initiatives as needed.
Qualification and Experience
Innovative, self-leadership, decision-maker, proactive, effective.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Eight plus years work experience preferably within law, government relations, political risk management, business strategy or similar
- Most have good understanding of Oil & Gas industry, and/or Ghanaian society and political environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including English writing skills
- Requires the ability to analyse and gauge applicability of legislation and regulations
- Must be a highly motivated individual who can work independently and manage competing priorities in an unstructured, dynamic environment
- Must possess the ability to exercise sound and independent judgement and be able to thoroughly analyse the potential consequences of a decision
- Will require some travel, domestic and international
HOW TO APPLY
All qualified professionals should send their CVs to
Closing date: 20th February 2020
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED