Brong-Ahafo Region, BA, GH (Ghana)
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- To support the enhancement of the Company’s brand reputation and stakeholder engagement through aligning internal and key external stakeholders with the Company’s business objectives.
- To prioritize through the development and execution of strategic and integrated annual communications plans based on the business strategic priorities and objectives.
In This Role You Will:
- Provide support in developing and implementing strategic programmes and public relations events based on strategic site communication plan to advance the Company’s brand and reputation.
- Support the creation and execution of integrated and strategic communication plans to support the business plan and objectives, utilizing a variety of channels/mediums including technology based, social media and print.
- Contribute to the provision of communication consulting and expertise to internal clients including Operations, Human Resources, Health & Safety, Sustainability and External Relations and other functions as assigned.
- Assist with the development and delivery of internal campaigns with focus on communication planning, development and implementation.
- Research on business programs and activities and gather intelligence within the organization to facilitate effective communication through all available platforms such as online, social, digital, print (posters, newsletters, brochures, roadshows, promos) and employee and stakeholder engagements etc.
- Maintain site intranet homepage, communications documents on intranet and shared drive and site internal presentations, fact sheets, photo images and video libraries.
- Draft speeches and presentations for identified internal and external stakeholder engagements in support of Newmont thought leadership strategy.
- Compile and manage a database of internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate on planning and organising internal and external stakeholder engagement programs.
- Support the development and implementation of the Company’s branding strategy.
- Develop brand audit schedule and quarterly reports on health of Newmont brand collateral materials.
- Research, monitor and develop compelling and engaging content for traditional and social media platforms including social media posts, digital content, top story articles, quarterly site internal magazine and fact sheets.
- Assist in designing, implementing and interpreting internal research to determine effectiveness of internal communications programs and implement remedial programs.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and outcomes of internal and external communications programmes and activities through designing, implementing and interpreting research.
Your Training, Skills and Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ degree in Communications, Public Relations, Social Sciences, Journalism, International Relations, English or a related degree.
- Requires 5 – 8 years’ experience in Public Relations, Communications and/or Journalism experience preferably in media organisation, extractive industry and/or multinational firm.
- Experience in media management, internal communications, channels management, digital communications use and management.
- Project Management skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Database Administration skills.
- Research and report writing skills
- Results driven.
- Customer focused.
- Takes initiative.
- Attention to details.
- Work well under pressure.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to [email protected].
HOW TO APPLY
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED