- Company: Plan International
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana – Advertising/Media Jobs in Ghana
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
- Qualification and Technical Competencies University Degree in Journalism, Communication or equivalent experience
- At least 3 – 5 years of experience working in journalism, communications, media, or Public Relations
- Strong understanding of print, radio, television and online media
- Good photography and filming skills;
- Additional technical skills are desirable, including proficiency in Adobe Photoshop or photo-editing software and movie-editing software such as Adobe Premier
- Fluent written and spoken English
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working with or in collaboration with an NGO or UN agency, or equivalent, is preferred.
- Experience as a spokesperson
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to operate effectively in stressful situations, including working overtime.
- Gender awareness and cultural sensitivity.
- Good time management and problem-solving skills.
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to Plan International’s values and principles;
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
- Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
- Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
- Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
- Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
- Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organization for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
- Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
- Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
- Focuses resources to drive change and maximize long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
- Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
- Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
- Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
- Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
- Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 27 August. 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED