February 16th, 2020 at 08:51 am
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Strategic Communications Africa Ltd Recruitment 2020
- Company: Strategic Communications Africa Ltd
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Technical communication support to Business Development
- Product Development: Advise on new and develop new product and service offerings for Stratcomm Africa
- Proposal Development: Develop technical proposals for pitching to potential clients and in response to request For Proposals.
- Ensure that business development department and operations (records unit) are consistently provided summaries of communication tasks undertaken for inclusion in corporate profiles as appropriate
- Participate in pitching for new assignments
2. Client Communication Needs Analysis
- Examines annual operational/marketing plans of clients to determine their communication needs
3. Concept and proposal development
- Gathers data on client communication needs to inform the development of appropriate communication concepts and proposals to meet their needs
- Develops Communication proposals, concepts, strategies and plans for clients. This should include concepts, proposals, strategies and plans for digital communication.
- Presents strategies, concepts and proposals to clients
4. Support clients to undertake their communications activities as follows:
a. Editorial Material development
- Press Releases
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Feature articles
- Brochures etc
b. Spokesperson preparation
- Works with clients to identify and train appropriate spokespersons for effectively delivering on client messages.
c. Support Channel selection and deployment
- Works with clients to select appropriate channels for delivering on messages and activities.
d. Awareness and knowledge creation
- Provides required support to clients in generating awareness and knowledge about their products and services.
e. Supports clients with building, managing and sustaining relationships with stakeholders.
f. Media management and relationship building
Supports client with media relations and management as follows:
- Information sharing
- Provides information on client’s operations to the media.
- Arranges press coverage for clients’ activities as required.
- Relationship building
- Cultivates and maintains good relationships with the media
- Collates expectations from the media and manage these on behalf of clients.
5. Community Relations
a. Develop and oversee the implementation of effective community relations plans including the following:
- Formative research
- Strategy development – information and programme communication, Development and implementation of CSR policies, programmes etc.
6. Develop Communication Research Concepts instruments
- Oversees the delivery of Communication Research with reports that include analysis and interpretation of data with relevant recommendations.
Reviews media reports and other documents to facilitate the development of country reports to guide the Organization’s work. These reports may include but not limited to the following:
- Print, electronic and digital media publications/broadcasts
- State of the nation Address
- National budget statements
- Speeches and other pronouncements of Public sector decision makers and other national regional and community influencers relevant to the Organization’s operations.
- National development related documents
- Reviews national position papers and advises on possible impacts on Stratcomm Africa’s operations as well as its clients.
8. Planning and Reporting
- Develops annual plans from which weekly, monthly and quarterly reports are developed.
- Prepares reports on work done for clients as required.
- Supervises the preparation of reports on work done for clients by staff of the department.
9. Supervision/People Management
- Provides technical communication input to the work of components in the Communications Department
- Directly supervises the development and implementation of annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly plans
- Supports the development of reports on the work of the department
- Undertakes assessment of assigned staff
- Assists in the evaluation and development of technical capabilities of the Communications staff
Job Holder Entry Requirements
Education & Related Experience:
- A second Degree in Communications
- At least 10 years’ post-qualification work experience
- Experience in the media industry
- Considerable Agency experience
- Strength in communication research and digital communication
- Strong management skills
- Membership of Professional Communications body
- Ability to manage at least four accounts (mix bag of major and small accounts)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs and cover letter to Careers@stratcomm-africa.com
Closing Date : 28th February 2020.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED