Communications & ICT Coordinator
Reports to Executive Director Works closely with Key Adviser Leadership for Learning & Institutional Development No line management responsibility Responsible for coordinating implementation on all Communications and ICT related activities for T-TEL working closely with the Leadership for Learning & Institutional Development Key Adviser to oversee the following activities and tasks:
- Communications Develop and implement T-TEL’s Communications Strategy to support national agencies, universities, CoEs, and SHS to share messages about the efforts to enhance the status of teaching as a profession and rage more young people to become teachers as well as publicizing the new range of learning opportunities available in SHS.
- Take overall responsibility for T-TEL’s brand management and communications messaging including oversight of website and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube) presence.
- Assist other T-TEL staff and Key Advisers to incorporate communications and key messages in their work and to use T-TEL’s communications function to increase the effectiveness and reach of their activities.
- Information Communications Technology (ICT) Work with the Centre for National Distance Learning and Open Schooling (CENDLOS) and Ghana Library Authority to ensure that all Colleges of Education and 5 universities have electronic B.Ed curriculum course content and materials to support learning and help overcome the shortage of relevant reading materials in CoE libraries,
- Support University and College of Education systems for virtual learning for teacher education, building upon the positive steps already taken during the COVID-19 related shut down of educational institutions from March 2020 Conducting a study to assess ICT needs across all SHS and then working with GES, CENDLOS and the MoE to develop a plan to address these needs and ensure that every SHS in Ghana has a web-based presence.
- Postgraduate qualification or equivalent in mass communications, ICT use in Education or a relevant discipline A minimum of 5 years working experience in a communications-focused role for a government agency, private sector company, or NGO.
- Knowledge and experience of ICT and education in Ghana including an awareness of how technology can be used to promote virtual learning.
- Excellent managerial and planning skills including the ability to develop complex multifaceted work plans and see them through to completion.
- Ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including excellent ICT skills and familiarity with design packages and highly conversant in the use of social media and website design
- Well-organized, task- and time-oriented, and with close attention to details
- Excellent written English and ability to summarise complex arguments in accessible, easily understood language.
- Independent with the ability to use own initiative and ability to be flexible
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are to be submitted electronically to [email protected] before 5 pm on Saturday 18th July 2020. Applicants should clearly state the title of the job they are applying for in the subject line of their email and application letter.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED