Communication Officer Job at Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) contributes to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through FAO Strategic Framework by supporting the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agrifood systems, for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
The Liaison Office of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) with the United Nations at Geneva is responsible for the liaison with the Government of Switzerland, the country’s civil society and the International Organizations based in Geneva, Switzerland and with other partners based there.
Considering the presence of a large number of international organizations, Members and Non-Governmental Organizations, which provides a significant platform for engagement and partnership with key stakeholders, the Liaison Office i) promotes FAO’s contribution to the 2030 Agenda through the 2022-31 Strategic Framework; ii) monitors and informs Geneva-based deliberations to strategically position the Organization in line with its mandate; and iii) champions key thematic issues of importance to FAO, its Members and partners, leveraging key field work, knowledge, data and statistics of the Organization.
The position is located in the Liaison Office with the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland.
The Communication Officer reports to the Director of the Liaison Office, Geneva, Switzerland working in close collaboration with the Office of Communications (OCC), which is responsible for both external and internal communications of the Organization.
Internal and External Strategic Communication, writing, editing, outreach, campaign design and support, planning and coordination of delivery of digital multimedia products, event planning, social media and media outreach.
Contribute to the development and strengthening of internal communication, web publishing and media-relations activities of the Organization.
- Firstly, Researches and analyses technical, social, economic, environmental, institutional and technology-related information, data and statistics and/or related policy issues to support internal and/or external communication
- Secondly, Produces a variety of information and reports as well as input for communication-related documents and web pages.
- Thirdly, Collaborates in the development of improved/updated tools, systems, processes and databases.
- Additionally, Participates in multi-disciplinary teams and/or leads working groups/teams; collaborates with other offices and agencies on work groups and committees and promotes best practices.
- Finally, Promotes knowledge sharing and best practices at international meetings and conferences and influences partners in stakeholder consultations.
- Also, Prepares a comprehensive communication strategy and engagement plan with Geneva based partners; develops and maintains updated a calendar of forthcoming communication events in order to ensure timely anticipation and preparation of the events.
- Then, Ensures close engagement with the United Nations Information Service (UNIS) as well as with the Geneva and Switzerland-based press corps.
- Afterwards, Represents FAO at UN communication meetings.
- Moreover, Ensures timely dissemination of press releases and other information material to FAO Members, press correspondents and partners, as appropriate.
- In addition, Ensures timely preparation of material in support of the FAO Geneva spokesperson, in close coordination with the Office of Communication (OCC) and in cooperation with concerned FAO units, ; upon request, acts as spokesperson.
- Again, Makes communications arrangements, in close coordination with OCC branches, for outreach and advocacy events, including World Food Day, other international days of relevance to FAO’s mandate and other important events; translates complex technical information into compelling messages, writing in a clear and concise manner and coordinates the preparation of a wide range of promotional material (videos, web apps, human interest stories, visual products, social media assets, websites, press releases, etc.).
- Thereafter, Prepares communication material and presentations supporting Geneva Liaison Office’s engagement with partners, including schools, universities and the general public.
- Maintains the social media accounts and the website of the Office, posting content, monitoring and building engagement, in line with corporate priorities and in close collaboration with OCC.
- Besides that, Ensures coherence with FAO’s corporate communications policies and operational guidelines for all communication and information outputs.
- Lastly, Evaluates impact of key communications and advocacy activities as part of the implementation of LOG’s communication strategy.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in communication, social science, journalism, political science or a field related to the work of the Organization
- Five years of relevant experience in communications, web publishing and/or social media networks.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another official FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- To begin with, Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions.
- Then, Ability to translate complex and technical communications to a wide and varied audience, in a simple and concise
manner. Understanding of FAO policies and programmes is considered a strong asset.
- Moreover, Extent and relevance of experience in the field of web publishing and social media networks as well as in editing communication, promotional or technical materials.
- Also, Extent and relevance of experience in the preparation and dissemination of communication, promotional or technical materials.
- Lastly, Extent and relevance of experience in the field of communications and outreach for prominent organizations, and/or interagency initiatives, particularly at the international level.
FAO staff are expected to adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
- Extension of fixed term appointments is based on certification of performance and availability of funds
- FAO reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required. Vaccination status will be verified as part of the medical clearance process
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, click on the following link: http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salary.htm
- Other benefits, subject to eligibility, include:
- Dependency allowances
- Rental subsidy
- Education grant for children
- Home leave travel
- 30 working days of annual leave per year
- Pension fund entitlements under the UN Joint Staff Pension Fund
- International health insurance; optional life insurance
- Disability protection
FAO encourages a positive workplace culture to increase inclusivity and diversity within its workforce. FAO applies measures in which all staff members contribute equally and in full to the work and development of the Organization. This includes:
- elements of family-friendly policies
- flexible working arrangements
- standards of conduct.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile.
- We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
- Once your profile is complete, please apply, and submit your application
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- We may request Candidates to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
- Also, We will not consider Incomplete applications
- Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. We will ask you to provide your consent before submitting your application.
- You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
- Then, We will screen Your application base on the information provided in your online profile
- Finally, We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
How to Apply for this Communication Officer Job at Food and Agriculture Organization
Closing Date: 07th June 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED