Africa World Airlines is a privately held airline founded by Togbe Afede XIV. It was incorporated on November 15, 2010, and embarked on its first revenue flight on September 21, 2012.
Africa World Airlines flies to domestic and regional locations all along the coast of West Africa. As part of our expansion as an airline, we have formed partnerships with a number of international carriers, including South African Airways, Emirates, Brussels Airlines, ASKY Airlines, United Airlines, and Ethiopian Airlines, to help us achieve our corporate goal of providing seamless yet affordable air travel to both leisure and business travelers on the routes we serve.
Africa World Airlines aspires to be the benchmark for quality air travel service in West Africa and beyond to provide a welcoming, cost-effective, and dependable service to all of its passengers.
We’ve quickly established ourselves as West Africa’s preferred domestic airline.
Africa World Airlines continues its commitment to transparency with the release of our operational performance results for the month of December 2021.
If you are denied boarding or if your flight is canceled or delayed for at least two hours, ask at the check-in counter or boarding gate for the text stating your rights, particularly with regard to compensation and assistance.
- High level of Integrity.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Inspiring & Developing others.
- Resilience and Flexibility (can-do attitude).
- Problem Solving & Decisiveness.
- Facilitate the collection of requirements from end-users for developing new systems as well as enhancements to existing systems.
- Prepare detailed user requirement specifications document that can be provided to IT solution providers.
- Formulate and coordinate testing of new systems and releases.
- Coordinate with other departments on the system/data interfaces between commercial and other systems.
- Act as a single point of contact to resolve any system issues between Africa World Airlines and system providers.
- Work with Africa World Airlines partners from a technology perspective to facilitate system integration between Africa World Airlines systems and partner systems.
- Use expertise to resolve GDS-related problems originating from internal and external sources e.g. negotiating the resolution of billing discrepancies with the GDS, researching improved working methods between sales and travel agents by the way of the GDS.
- Analyze, identify and review all CRS/GDS costs to areas of wastage and coordinate with sales and GDS users (travel agents) on implementing practices that reduce the unit cost of distribution.
- Liaising with Operations and airport management in the event of cancellation of flights or aircraft change.
- Manage control tables relating to document printers sited at airports check-in locations effectively, ensure correct details are printed on boarding passes and bag tags.
- Manage route control default values, which contain settings for baggage weights/information, printed on boarding passes, and weight and balance settings. Ensure they are current and correct thus ensuring a safe and timely departure
- Create access codes in the Passenger Services Systems for all staff and 3rd party contractors where applicable.
- Create and update Africa World Airlines network, seasonal and ad-hoc schedules to ensure accurate display of all flight information in terms of equipment, arrival and departure time, flight additions, cancellations, and flight routing.
- Create and maintain Pseudo Cities and office profiles for all PSA & GSA offices to ensure effective communication and user access in the reservations system.
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and implementation of new enhancements to the reservation system.
- Serve as a helpdesk to sales offices, revenue management, airport and flight operations for the reservation system, ticketing, and revenue management system to ensure effective resolution of the system.
Qualification & Experience
- Possession of relevant tertiary education qualifications e.g. Information Management, Business Management, or other relevant discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience with system support will be an added advantage.
- Data analytic skill set.
- Specific knowledge of the airline industry and its global distribution channels, including an understanding of the internet, e-commerce, direct sales and marketing.
- Familiarity with RM best practices and web-based marketing is essential.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Experience in presenting information in either a simple or a complex manner, depending on the audience.
- Demonstrated ability of innovative thinking.
- Minimum of 2 years working in a team environment.
- Applying problem-solving and analytical skills
- Versatile on the computer.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, even under pressure.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills as well as relationship management.
- Team player.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Have an eye for details.
- Ability to impart knowledge.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: February 15, 2022
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED