The Position/Job Description
The College Principal is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Disciplinary Officer and in that capacity shall, subject to the general direction of Council of the College, or policies that the Council may give:
- Ensure the implementation of the decisions of the Council
- Exercise general authority over staff of the College
- Be responsible for:
- Admission of students.
- Discipline and supervision of staff and students.
- Preparation of the annual estimates of income and expenditure for consideration by Council.
- Providing Council with returns, reports and other relevant information as required.
The Candidate must have:
- An advanced degree with a research component, preferably a PhD.
- Rank NOT below Senior Lecturer, Deputy Director (GES) or Principal Tutor at the College of Education.
- Relevant senior management experience of at least five (S) years.
- Proven leadership skills and be a team player.
- Ability to direct and motivate staff.
- Must have extensive knowledge and experience of the tertiary education system in Ghana.
- Must be able to serve a minimum of one term of four (4) years from expected date of appointment before reaching the statutory compulsory retirement age of sixty (60).
HOW TO APPLY
For the Position of the Principal applicants should attached a two-page vision statement. All applicants should add updated soft and hard copies of Curriculum Vitae,
Application Letter, Names and addresses of three (3) copies of sealed recommendation letters anti Photocopies of Certificates to their letters and address it to [email protected] and post a copy to:
C/O PEKI COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
P. O. BOX 14
PEKI AVETILE, V/R
All applications should reach the above address at or before 3:00 pm on Thursday, 9th April. 2020.