The Position/Job Description
The College Librarian has overall responsibility for library, -esearch and information needs of the College community. “ie she provides leadership in advancing the College’s teaching and mission through a clear vision of the library’s role.. comprehensive strategic planning and incorporation of emerging technology:
The College Librarian shall:
- Serve as the professional and administrative head of the College Library
- Draw up and monitor the implementation of College Library strategic plan;
- Establish and maintain procedures, policies and systems that make efficient library operation;
- Plan, organise, coordinate and measure the work activities of all library personnel;
- Collaborate with the relevant and appropriate institutional libraries and organisations within and outside the country to attract grants for library development and be exposed to international best practices; and
- Be a member of the Academic Board.
The applicant must:
- Possess a postgraduate degree in Library or Information-related fields.
- Have served as Deputy Librarian in a College of Education or comparable grade in similar institution/organisation for at least four (4) years;
- Be conversant with library records management software;
- Be analytical, critical, Informative and research-oriented:
- Have a good character, leadership skills and high degree of professional integrity; and
- Be able to complete at least one term of four (4) years before attaining the compulsory retirement age of sixty (60).
HOW TO APPLY
For the Position of the Principal applicants should attached a two-page vision statement. All applicants should add updated soft and hard copies of Curriculum Vitae,
Application Letter, Names and addresses of three (3) copies of sealed recommendation letters anti Photocopies of Certificates to their letters and address it to [email protected] and post a copy to:
C/O PEKI COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
P. O. BOX 14
PEKI AVETILE, V/R
All applications should reach the above address at or before 3:00 pm on Thursday, 9th April. 2020.