Geeklama is an ed-tech company dedicated to changing the way coding is taught online through live and immersive teaching experiences and content.
Join a team of passionate individuals, from top IT companies as we improve learning experiences for students around the world.
POSITION: Coding Instructor
The part-time coding instructors will teach live online computer coding to children aged 7 – 17.
We provide an online teaching platform and lesson materials. The primary role of a Coding instructor is to deliver the curriculum in an engaging way and ultimately be responsible for students learning to create basic-moderate desktop software, apps, and games.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Interface with school staff/students/parents to support the overall program by assisting with the coordination of tutoring, school/parent communication, and other duties as assigned by Geeklama.
● Interface with parents before or after lessons (ex: student’s progress, any breakthroughs, goals for next week).
● Communicate regularly with students and their families about class activities and student progress
● Involve parents and guardians as partners in their students’ education
● Responsible for maintaining detailed student logs
● Maintain accurate student records including attendance
● Report to Programs Manager regarding school-related updates and issues
● Maintain a professional attitude and work ethic
● Provide support and encouragement when students become frustrated/distracted
● Write notes on class performance after each week of lessons
● Establish a culture of high expectations that includes the shared belief that every student will attend college
● Assess students regularly and analyze student results; refine and differentiate classroom instruction based on assessment data and student needs
● Manage student behavior to ensure every student is fully engaged
● Identify unique student needs and collaborate with team members to effectively address those needs
● Perform other related duties as required and assigned
● Must have experience with coding, both tablet, and computer-based
● Maintain a safe and organized classroom with clear behavior expectations and learning goals and objectives
● Engage students in structured discussions & activities for students to understand how coding and integrated technologies works
● Inspire students to have fun while learning code and integrating technology skills
● Apply a strength-based youth development practice with respect for diversity, skill level, and empowerment
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
● A successful candidate should love to work and play with children
● Encourage students to learn
● Have good presentation and soft skills
● Able to work with a variety of individuals using effective interpersonal skills
● Manage student classroom behavior
● Able to collaborate with colleagues, parents, and community
● Responsible, reliable and punctual
● Interested in the field of education and youth development
● Well organized, able to work both independently and collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
● (Preferred) Experienced working with kids – ex: after school programs, summer camps, tutor, ext.
● Passion about programming
● Have strong skills in Math and English, as well as internet search.
● Able to analyze qualitative and quantitative student data
● Reflect and improve instructional practices
● Willingness to work evening hours (1:00pm or 3:00pm – 7:00pm), and Weekends (9am – 4pm).
● Experienced in coding, content knowledge and applications
● Curious about exploring new coding languages/platforms (we will provide materials).
● For Python course teacher: experience with Python coding.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL LEVEL
● Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science)
● Weekdays: 4pm – 7pm
● Saturdays: 9am – 6pm
One or more of the following sites:
– Ghana-Korea Information Access Centre, Balme Library, University of Ghana
– Ghana – India Kofi Annan Centre of Excellence in ICT, Ridge
Please note that the work is remote, and the instructor’s salary is $25-$30 per 1-hour class. We also have performance-based bonuses, and there are opportunities to advance your career at Geeklama. One group has 2 classes per week.
HOW TO APPLY
Write to us at [email protected]
Alternatively, CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED