AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Civil Engineer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The role is accountable for the management, supervision, and control of all concrete and earthworks in all areas of underground and surface infrastructure. The role is accountable for the implementation and supervision of construction, specifications, standards, and safe workmanship to ensure the timely completion of the works.
- Review, approve, and sign-off the detailed execution plan and schedule, infrastructure detailed design requirements, detailed testing plans, operational commissioning plans, handover plans, training plans, manuals, records, drawings, specifications, and documents issued.
- Deliver infrastructure requirements consistent with the procurement and contracting strategy, which addresses the construction time, cost, and quality risks.
- Lead a team of design engineers to specify, design, analyze and verify new components and systems.
- Ensure cost impacts in the area of accountability are evaluated, approved and the budget is revised
- Review the application of safety standards and work practices for the refurbishment construction and mining workforce to enable the safety targets to be managed and achieved.
- Oversee all relevant inspections and testing procedures to ensure quality and/or performance is in line with specifications, designs, and requirements.
- Review and provide feedback regarding contractor’s progress claims and invoice.
- Advise progress and KPI status in a timely manner to the management team, particularly potential cost, and schedule or quality variances.
- Prepare weekly, monthly reporting to produce accurate and timely information that can clearly convey the status of safety, cost, schedule, and quality for the construction works.
- Participate in formal cost and schedule reviews to support accurate and timely reporting.
- Oversee the Requests for Information (RFI) and Technical Query (TQ) process. Keep and maintain a register.
- Contribute to the Project risk register as required.
- Establish KPl’s for construction activities and schedule weekly progress measurement
- Proactively control the construction activities to avoid potential project cost and schedule overruns. Communicate accurate and timely construction schedule delivery, progress, cost, and quality.
- Ensure monitoring and data collection to demonstrate execution of the construction works on all phases of the works in accordance with the Government of Ghana conditions of approvals and the site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Support interface management for construction and refurbishment works
- Maintain meeting records, agreed actions, and follow up to ensure actions are completed
- Verify that the construction production daily targets are within the approved project schedule, achieving all critical intermediate milestones and targets.
- Inspect and review site safety management implementation to comply with the Safety Management System.
- Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Work compliantly with the requirement of government of Ghana agencies, environmental, health, and safety legislation and AGAG regulations
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- An experienced Civil Engineer with 7+ years of experience in preferably, civil and earthworks construction.
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience in HSE
- Experience in QA/QC Management
- Professional Certified Engineer with a relevant certification body
- Sound project management skills
- Experience in Project Management
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project, and Excel
- Familiarity with design software, such as Autodesk, AutoCAD, and Civil 3D
- Excellent time management skills to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed, so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm
- Identify skill deficiencies and initiate corrective actions for direct reports
- Communicate policies and procedures in a manner to achieve full understanding and compliance.
- Monitor the risk and risk mitigation plans for all activities for the construction works
- Deliver the Safety Management Plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control
- Model work behaviors for the team consistent with company values
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: 11TH FEBRUARY, 2022.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED