CIC Technician – Underground at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
Obuasi Gold Mine, operated by AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, is currently in the last stages of undergoing refurbishment to transform it into a contemporary, effective, and long-term profitable enterprise. The fully automated underground mining operation is intended to mine up to 5,000 t of ore per day on average.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced individual to join our hardworking team as a CIC Technician – Underground.
Role context and purpose
In accordance with instructions given during the refurbishment, then maintenance, of the Underground equipment and infrastructure, the CIC Technician – Underground is responsible for carrying out all planned and corrective maintenance on controls, communications, and instrumentation underground (except winding).
According to applicable safety and environmental regulations set forth by the Government of Ghana and AGAG, the job must be carried out in accordance with specific tasking.
- Perform periodic audits of all CIC refurbishment, and later maintenance within the Surface Mine Infrastructure;
- Conduct reviews of the refurbishment, and later maintenance, of the CIC equipment to identify actions for continuous improvement.
- Work in accordance with total quality management principles and ensure zero defect objectives and safety.
- Work with the CIC Supervisor – Underground to create routes for condition monitoring and tests of properly working equipment.
- Carry out routinely scheduled repairs, maintenance, and workplace inspections. This includes visual inspections, the gathering of infrared and ultrasonic data, the gathering of motor current and flux data, the gathering of simple NDT data, and the verification that the output is within calibration and specification;
- Determine the condition of the plant and notify this condition for action by analyzing and trending predictive maintenance data (IR, vibration, etc.);
- Keep track of the general health of CIC assets and report
- Keep track of any necessary preventative and remedial measures;
- Carry out repairs on instrumentation, communication, and control equipment as necessary.
- Ensure routine condition monitoring tasks are carried out on all rotating equipment by data collection using advanced portable data collectors and other tools according to the established schedules and also as per the plant requirements.
- Generate work requests in SAP as required for refurbishment/maintenance, repair planning, and scheduling.
- Compile vibration data and other information to identify and resolve issues with rotating machinery.
- Actively engage in the Root Cause Failure Analysis process and maintenance review programs for CIC equipment as necessary.
- Find, share, and put into action potential cost-cutting initiatives.
- Perform work promptly; manage renovation contractors to time plan, escalate actual or anticipated delays; and
- Suggest cost-saving initiatives.
- Keep an eye on the asset health system’s performance of your equipment and take proactive steps to resolve any warning signs of impending breakdown.
Necessary Education & Experience
- A diploma from a recognized CIC trade apprenticeship, such as City and Guilds, at the secondary education level;
- Preferably, an apprenticeship in electronics repair for communications and instruments
- 5+ years of experience as an electronics/instrumentation maintenance technician, preferably with industrial instrumentation and controls
- Knowledge of Ghana’s Minerals and Mining (Health, Safety, and Technical) Regulation
- Complete literacy and numeracy proficiency
- Complete competency in CIC trade
How to Apply for this CIC Technician – Underground at AngloGold Ashanti
To submit your application, click the link below and fill out the online application form with all the necessary information.
Closing Date: March 22, 2023
Also, For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Firstly, Totalenergies Marketing Ghana Job Opportunities
- Secondly, RecTrain Services Limited Invites Job Applications
- Thirdly, Exciting Career Opportunity at World Vision
- Moreover, Food and Agriculture Organization Latest Job Postings
- Additionally, Job Vacancy at JSI Research & Training Institute
- Then, Job Opportunity at AutoShack Ghana
- Also, Catholic Relief Services Latest Job Posting
- More so, Employment Advertisement at Glovo
- Afterwards, Job Vacancies are Available at The Haven Hotel
- Finally, Beacon International
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED