Family Health International (FHI 360) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of COP for the anticipated USAID Resilience in Northern Ghana (RING) Activity in northern Ghana. The RING II Activity aims to enhance the wellbeing and resilience of vulnerable populations in 17 districts of northern Ghana through three primary objectives: (1) Local governments plan, finance and deliver essential services that respond to the population’s needs; (2) Local government, non-governmental and private entities collectively implement solutions to improve household resilience and wellbeing; and (3) Citizens influence local service delivery.
This is a full-time position based in Tamale, NorthernGhana for a duration of five years.
Availability of the position is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360.
The COP will provide strategic vision, overall leadership, and technical direction to the project. The incumbent will provide support and direction for the provision of technical assistance and the management of grants for local partners, including the development of capacity building and social accountability tools and tracking systems as needed. The COP will ensure the project is planned and executed with quality, accountability, and measurable impact. The COP will have or quickly develop a detailed understanding of the political dynamics in the northern regions and work collaboratively with the entities in place.
- Identify issues and risks to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments
- Serve as the project’s principal liaison with USAID, government counterparts, donors, and community stakeholders, and build and maintain effective relationships with all key stakeholders
- Establish relationships with government counterparts, civil society and small businesses for engagement in the project
- Oversee financial and administrative management of the program, ensuring budget discipline and compliance with FHI 360 policies and procedures and USAID rules and regulations
- Supervise the development and submission of program deliverables and provide accurate and timely reporting to USAID and key stakeholders on all program areas
- Oversee the establishment of effective and accurate project reporting, monitoring and evaluation, financial management, and personnel and procurement systems
- Ensure the achievement of performance targets within the timeframe and funding parameters outlined in approved work plans and the project MEL plan
- Provide onsite support and supervision to project teams and partners on a regular basis to ensure quality implementation of project activities
- Conduct performance assessments of direct supervisees, identifying and recommending areas for improvement and opportunities for professional development
- Mentor and manage staff in a respectful and transparent manner, working with staff to build their technical and administrative capacity
- Serve as a member of the FHI 360 Ghana Senior Leadership Team and provide input and assistance to the management of the country program
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in public administration, international development, or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum twelve (12) years of experience in development at a senior program management level, including direct supervision of professional and support staff. Experience in managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple partner institutions strongly preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent preferred.
- Demonstrated success in managing USAID grants or contracts and familiarity with USAID contract rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated experience with multisectoral rural development programs – technical background in governance, systems strengthening, nutrition or resilience related programming a plus
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster relationships with local government counterparts, civil society organizations, and donors. Experience at the district and regional level preferred.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and cross-cultural skills.
- Experience in Ghana preferred.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
CLOSING DATE: Ongoing
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED