Chief of Party
MSI is currently seeking expressions of interest from prospective Chiefs of Party for anticipated United States government (USG) countering violent extremism (CVE) projects in West Africa.
Potential donors for include DOS and USAID regional and country-specific missions, as well as USAID/Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI).
Projects are likely to be based in Accra, Ghana with potential for regular travel and engagement within the region. Potential countries of focus include Niger, Ghana, Guinea, Togo, Benin, and Côte d’Ivoire.
The Chief of Party is responsible for leading and managing complex programs. The COP works closely with MSI’s home office, USG staff, implementing partners, government representatives, and other stakeholders. The candidate will provide strategic leadership and direction of all project activities.
- Responsible for leading the program team, making key decisions, and solving problems in short time frames while ensuring operational and program integrity. Overall program strategic direction is provided by USG counterparts.
- Responsible for management, oversight, and reporting of Contractor progress and quality of performance in meeting the activity undertakings in this program.
- The Contractor‘s designated person for the overall management of the in-country relationship with USG counterpart(s).
- In close consultation with the USG counterpart(s), responsible for providing oversight of grant activities, including supervision of the program staff, ensuring appropriate grant design, ensuring that procedures are established and complied with for grant development, grant worthiness, grant implementation, management, monitoring, evaluation, and grant closing.
- In coordination with the USG counterpart(s), responsible for contributing to the design and implementation of the M&E system at the activity level and for ensuring that all activities are monitored and evaluated.
- Ultimately responsible for ensuring that the relevant staff use, maintain, and distribute detailed activity information to MSI and USG counterpart(s).
- 5+ years of experience supervising complex, high-speed, and challenging field operations in developing countries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field. Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience working in fragile or transition environments. Preferably, within the West Africa region.
- Experience with the design and implementation of grants or small grants under contract (GUC) programs.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up under limited time constraints as well as program close-out.
- Experience in the hiring and supervising of host country local personnel and ensuring, when the need arises, that they secure necessary training required to meet program needs.
- Proven experience with the development of program strategies and work plans.
- Experience with activity design, development, and implementation.
- Familiarity with USAID’s policies and procedures regarding human resources, financial management, financial reporting, and procurement processes, and grants management.
- Experience with remote management in transition and security challenged environments.
- Experience working within close coordination with donors on program decision making and implementation.
- Fluency in written and oral English preferred working proficiency in French.
- Experience with a donor, contractor, or international NGO managing an office or program.
- Experience with USAID/OTI project implementation highly preferred.
- In-country work experience in at least one of the following countries: Niger, Ghana, Guinea, Togo, Benin, and Côte d’Ivoire.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email [email protected] with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
HOW TO APPLY
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED