PwC Ghana is a member firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) International Limited, each member firm of which is a separate legal entity. PwC’s global network provides us with a broad resource base of in-depth knowledge, methodologies, and experience that we use to provide value for our clients.
PwC Ghana as an established market has high levels of economic activity and very good growth prospects and is one in which they feel the professional services that are offered can add significant value to client’s businesses.
ABOUT THE JOB
Financial services institutions with the objective of increasing access to finance for Ghanaian enterprises, particularly small and medium enterprises (SMEs). Our client also provides wholesale financing/lines of credit and partial credit guarantees to eligible financial institutions.
Our client now seeks to engage highly qualified and experienced professionals in the following capacities:
POSITION: Chief Legal Officer
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Legal Officer will provide legal counsel and support in matters relating to contracts, litigation and dispute resolution, credit administration, employment contracts and other related matters.
Required Education and Experience profile
- Minimum of 12 years’ work experience and practice at the Bar with at least 5 years in a managerial capacity in a Bank Minimum of a first degree in any discipline. A relevant Master’s degree is an advantage
- Minimum of a first degree in Law or related field.
- Membership of the Ghana Bar Association is required
- Membership of other recognized professional associations in Ghana or abroad is an advantage
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the legal system and procedures in Ghana.
All applicants must have:
- Consistent track record of goal achievement, stakeholder engagement, professionalism, networking, and collaborative skills
- Leadership and People Management skills, Analytical and
- Problem-solving skills, communication skills (written and oral) .
- Established expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Risk Management
- Total quality management
- Negotiation and arbitration
- Banking operations (domestic & international)
- Investment /portfolio management
- Assets & Liabilities management
- Environment, Social, and Governance (ESG).
- Banking and international financial laws
- Cyber laws, Anti-Money laundering and financial crime
- Advocacy and Alternative Dispute Resolution o Strategy development and implementation.
Job Location: Accra, Ghana
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, interested candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to gh executive
[email protected] The role being applied for should be the subject of the email.
CLOSING DATE: 25 January 2022
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussions.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED