- Company: Reputable Public Institution
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Public Sector Jobs in Ghana
A reputable state owned Enterprise is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for appointment to fill the positions of Chief Internal Auditor
• This role is to coordinate, supervise and undertake regular audit of the financial and operational activities in the Company
Establishes effective Internal Control system to safeguard the financial, material and other assets of the company.
• Sees to the Implementation of control procedures aimed at the prevention or minimisation or complete eradication of fraud.
• Plans for periodic review of the accounting, financial and
• Management Control procedures to determine their effectiveness.
• Implements Board policies and Management decisions regarding the internal audit function.
• Consults with the Managing Director, Heads of Departments/Divisions and Regional Managers to identify areas that need to be reviewed (i.e. by the use of Performance Audit Technique).
• Prepares a balanced comprehensive audit program to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the operational and financial controls in the Company.
• Reports formality on each audit exercise, with appropriate recommendations to the Managing Director and the Board.
• Provides follow-up action reports to the appropriate divisions and regions on recommended actions and the Managing Directors comments arising out of each audit exercise.
• Evaluates continuously the performance of Management, in seeking to secure Economy, Efficiency, and Effectiveness in the use of resources
• Carries out pre and post-auditing on vouchers, records and operations of the Company submits reports and identifies any shortcomings in the system.
• Examines continuously draft final accounts and quarterly operating statements to ensure that policies, standard practices, and budgets are adhered to.
• Liaises with the external auditors in the annual auditing of the accounts of the Company.
• Undertakes any special investigations and assignments from the Managing Director.
• Produces timely Quarterly Audit Reports to the Managing Director and the Board.
• Submits confidential reports to the Managing Director.
• Organizes surprise visits to regions for spot checks (i.e. on-site operations, estates, cash records, etc.)
• Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A recognized professional qualification in Accounting such as C. A. Ghana, CIMA or its equivalent, an MBA in related held and a minimum of 10 years post-qualification experience
Must possess demonstrable expertise in the following areas:
• Ability to conduct investigations.
• Ability to apply audit principles in examination of official documents and records.
• Ability to undertake and supervise audit procedures in accordance with auditing standards.
• Knowledge of company law and Laws relevant to the Public Sector.
• Ability to prepare a good audit report.
• Knowledge in the use of a computer (Accounting Software spreadsheet database, etc).
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to make decisions and follow up.
• Ability to direct, motivate, coordinate and control subordinates.
• Ability to plan and organize.
• Ability to delegate duties.
• Knowledge of management information systems and quantitative methods, etc. for effective decision making
Method of Application
Interested and qualified persons should send their CVs and Cover letters to The Human Resource Manager P.O. BOX 2753 Accra OR email@example.com Closing Date: 09 March 2020
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED