- Company: Challenging Heights
- Location: Ghana
- State: Winneba
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Ghana
We are local people committed to protecting the rights of children and ending slavery. We have about 70 staff members between our office in Winneba and elsewhere who work in the coastal communities of Ghana and with international coalitions of NGOs dedicated to fighting modern slavery and protecting children’s rights.
Challenging Heights is a locally founded, and locally led Ghanaian-based organisation. Visit our website www.challengingheights.org for more information.
This role will be communications Officer.
- The successful candidate shall be based in Winneba, Ghana, with considerable amount of traveling to project sites and events.
- The successful candidate shall work within the Challenging Heights communications manual, provide training to staff for adherence, and shall be responsible for recommending amendments to the manual where necessary.
- Responsible for Challenging Heights’s online media presence, including maintaining the website, and managing social media platforms (Instagram, twitter, Facebook, YouTube), and any other online platforms where necessary.
- Marketing the organization, extending our reach, and generating income for the organization, including periodic online advocacy and fundraising campaigns.
- Writing monthly email newsletters and updates to donors.
- Responsible for writing impact stories on children/women/youth who have benefited from projects.
- Light website administration and maintaining up to date information.
- Responsible for the development and creation of the C.H. annual reports.
- Maintaining regular communication between donors and the organisation, providing them with information such as photos, short videos, special stories, and any other information required.
- Maintaining, developing and cataloguing all communications materials in a database to be used by the organization and its partners.
- Taking pictures, videos, and creating other visual media which will be used in Challenging Height’s promotions and campaigns.
- Working days are from Mondays to Fridays, between 8am and 5pm with one-hour lunch break, and with some situational need to work beyond regular working hours and days.
Qualifications And Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree holders shall have a minimum of two years post qualification experience.
- Master’s degree holders shall require no post qualification experience.
- A proven ability to take basic but good photographs and videos using basic gadgets such as mobile phones, and edit same for online postings, are required.
Communication Skills Are Required.
Challenging Heights already has a Ghana-targeted communication content creators serving our Ghanaian audiences. Over 80% of the content produced by the Communications Officer applicants shall therefore target European and American consumers.
Therefore, Challenging Heights is seeking to attract a Communications Officer role applicants who are either from Europe or America, or who have significant experience living in Europe/America who are able to communicate appropriately to the people of these regions.
- The successful candidate shall be provided with basic but decent accommodation, with decent facilities such as kitchen, etc.
- Utilities such as water, and electricity shall be paid for.
- Economy class ticket to Ghana.
- Cost of residence and work permits.
- Local Ghanaian salary paid in local currency at a level reasonably sufficient to cover living expenses such as food, weekend travels, etc.
for the role
- Adherence to the Challenging Heights’ child protection policy.
- Police reference report from the country of residence/origin of the successful applicant.
- Two references from previous employers or colleges attended.
Expected starting date
The successful candidate is expected to start the role between January and February of 2022.
Applicants should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Closing Date: 30th November 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED