AFC Agriculture and Finance Consultants GmbH (AFC), in consortium with CDC Consult Limited, Ghana, and GOPA World Wide Consultants, Germany, has been contracted by Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ), the German government agency for international development, to implement a project to support micro, small and medium enterprises’ (MSMEs) access to financial services under the GIZ Programme for Sustainable Economic Development.
POSITION: Financial Sector Expert
The overall objective of the project is to improve MSMEs’ access to financial services through support to improve the supply of needs-based financial and insurance services and accompanying measures to develop the capacity of MSMEs to access and benefit from these services
The project commenced work in October 2020 and is expected to end in December 2022 (subject to GIZ confirmation). The project is seeking to recruit a financial sector expert to join its core project team on a full-time basis for the remaining term of the project.
The project is working with a small number of leading financial institutions in Ghana in the development and marketing of financial and insurance products designed for MSMEs. The job holder will be responsible for the project’s technical assistance activities and capacity building support to its partner institutions to support the finalisation and rollout of these MSME targeted products.
Required Skills or Experience
The position requires an in-depth knowledge of the Ghana financial sector, an ability to work at a senior level with our partner financial institutions and the following specific qualifications and other skills:
- Education/training: University qualification (Master or equivalent) in Economics, Business Administration, Finance or another relevant subject.
- Language: Good business language skills in English. Knowledge of German is an advantage.
- General professional experience: 5 years of professional experience in financial inclusion and/or MSME support.
- Specific professional experience: At least 3 years of professional experience in improving access to MSME finance either on the supply or the demand side
- Regional experience: 5 years of experience in Ghana or any other West African country
- Computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
In addition to the above specialist qualifications, the following qualifications are required of interested applicants:
- Team skills
- Communication skills
- Sociocultural competence
- Efficient, partner and client-focused working methods
- Interdisciplinary thinking
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their CV including two references under a cover letter/email to John Warren at [email protected]
CLOSING DATE: Before the submission deadline of 19th February 2022.
LATEST JOB POSTS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED