Catholic Relief Services New Job Opportunity
Job Title: Risk and Compliance Officer Sr
You will conduct risk related activities for the Ghana country program (CP) including sub-recipient compliance adhering to CRS policies, local laws, and donor regulations to help ensure effective delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your knowledge and skills will help reduce risk to staff, to the effectiveness of our programming and to the people we serve through the application of the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Firstly, Collaborate with the compliance lead in WARO, Finance Manager and CP leadership on strengthening internal control systems and processes.
- Secondly, Help identify risk issues and challenges and solutions to address them.
- Thirdly, Help implement and advise on the sub-recipient financial management policy (SRFMP)
- Moreover, Support the planning and performance of internal audits, control reviews and compliance assessments, conduct audit activities as applicable. Help analyze results and provide recommendations.
- Then, Support the design and facilitation of trainings and institutional capacity strengthening plans for CRS and partners.
- Lastly, Support external audits and the coordination of action plans to close out audit findings.
Fraud Allegation Management Role
- Carry out and lead reviews/investigations at CP and partners level and effectively report the outcomes to supervisor, CP management & EtU as applicable.
- Ensure key steps throughout the investigative process, including planning, fieldwork, reporting are coordinated effectively with input and guidance from the Region and Ethic Unit. That reviews and investigations are performed in line with supervisor’s guidance, CRS Fraud Allegation Management Procedures, CRS Policies, local laws and donor regulations.
- Effectively document and write reports on findings and recommendation to improve processes and internal controls. Propose strategies to strengthen country office control systems and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other relevant Bachelor’s strongly preferred. CIA, CFE or CPA or similar qualification highly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience, ideally with an international organization, with progressive responsibility in operations and/or programming. At least 2 of these years entailing audit, investigations, compliance or risk management experience.
- Knowledge of audit standards and compliance regulations and familiarity with international standards for internal control and risk and compliance management (e.g., COSO, ISO, COBIT)
Required Languages – English
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 50 %.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good relationship management skills
- Good analytical, organizational, and systems thinking skills
- Ability to make sound judgment
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
- Knowledge of and experience working with USG, DFID, and other major public donors
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
- Experience carrying out audits/investigations, internal control and financial systems review.
- Skilled in collecting, synthesizing and analyzing data.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- High level of language proficiency English (and other languages French, Spanish, Arabic)
- Able to make oral presentations and write clear reports.
- Familiarity with accounting systems.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Country Representative, Head of Operations. Head of Programming, Head of Office, Finance Manager, Deputy Finance Manager, Grants Accountants, Program Managers, Project Managers
- External : External Auditors and Donor Representatives
How to Apply for this Catholic Relief Services New Job
Closing Date: 23rd December 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- Firstly, Job Recruitment at The Capital Group Limited
- Secondly, International Workplace Group Invites Job Applications
- Thirdly, New Job Opportunity at Robert Walters
- Moreover, APPLY NOW || University of Ghana Job Vacancies
- Additionally, Mastercard Foundation New Vacancy Advertisement
- Then, UNICEF Ghana Job Recruitment For November 2022
- Also, Besa Manufacturing Company New Job Opportunities
- Furthermore, Job Opening at SOS Children’s Villages International
- Afterwards, Farmerline Latest Employment Opportunity
- Finally, Lashibi Funeral Homes & Crematorium Job Vacancies
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED