Our client, a leading agro-processing and deporting company, is looking for a qualified candidate to occupy the position of Transport Manager.
The Transport Manager will be responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the transportation operations from production to end-user. The transport manager would also be involved in scheduling routes and tracking orders using functional systems, as well as, planning and supervising the maintenance and repairs of all vehicles of the company, and developing engineering solutions for the company’s transportation-related challenges with the Chief Engineer.
- Transporting the correct quantities of products to their required destination within the given time limit Effectively organise and manage a team of drivers and vehicles:
- Organising and overseeing all health and safety checks and routine vehicle checks and adhering to both company and statutory requirements;
- Be involved in strategic developments of the company’s transport sector, maintaining any administrative records, regularly communicating with the relevant departments to ensure smooth operations
- Effectively manage, audit and review compliance systems, transport legislation and procedures to ensure company compliance
- Ensure that drivers hold the appropriate entitlement for the vehicle they are driving,
- Ensure that drivers are properly trained and competent to operate all relevant vehicles and equipment
- Ensure that a proper system of vehicle maintenance is in place and carried out and that all vehicles are kept in a roadworthy condition:
- Meet deadlines and be available after normal business hours when required
- Candidate’s Required Skills Set
- Planning & organisation skills Supervisory skills
- Problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Communication & interpersonal skills
- Initiative & proactivity Team leader
- Demonstrates integrity and good work ethics
- First degree or HND in Electrical or Electronics
- Fair knowledge in Mechanical Engineering, vehicle refrigeration, routing and movement notifications
- Hands-on experience in workshop management A Master’s degree in a relevant Engineering field would be an added advantage
- Not less than 5 years’ work experience in the food and beverage industry
- Good oral and written English
- Strong knowledge of CAD and MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons with requisite qualifications and experience should send applications and CVs to email@example.com.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
The deadline is Saturday, February 13, 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED