Capacity Building Midwife
Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG) has vacancies for a passion-driven, well-organized, client-oriented, and energetic individuals with the below relevant qualification/s and experience.
Length of contract: All vacancies advertised have One (1) year contract (renewable base upon good performance).
The Capacity Building Midwife will contribute to the successful strengthening of the public sector in line with the Evolving model strategy and values of MSIG as well as the goals of sustainability in accordance with the country’s national Policy. The midwife will be primarily responsible for providing supportive clinical quality supervision and focused clinical training and mentoring to the selected public facilities in the assigned regions of work.
The Capacity Building Midwife will be based in the Upper West Region with travel to service delivery points in support of quality assurance through monitoring, mentoring, and clinical training of public sector strengthening facilities. The Capacity Building Midwife will report to the Regional Manager in the region of operation.
- Lead the capacity building team in identifying health facilities in target areas for Service delivery
- Create, nurture, and maintain a good working relationship with GHS, opinion leaders, police, and local partner organizations for effective collaboration.
- Encourage a commitment to accommodating clients’ special needs such as flexibility on working hours, strict privacy and confidentiality to generate demand for MSIG/GHS services
- Identify appropriate training needs within your team and, in consultation with the Regional Manager, arrange for appropriate training and induction of new team members.
- Timely collate and submit incidents reports to the Regional Manager and Director of MDT.
- Monitor monthly team results and in collaboration with the Regional Manager make appropriate recommendations to meet set targets.
- Support GHS providers to build capacity in Clinical services including IUCD, Implant insertion, and removal.
- Professional management of client complaints and/or clinical incidents on site
- Support GHS providers to adhere strictly to all GHS/MSI clinical quality standards to achieve the highest score in all QTA activities
- Ensure formal communications with the various health partners are properly documented
- Develop monthly CBT site schedule and submit same to GHS before a visit
- Carry out any other lawful duties assigned by the Regional Manager.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have a recognized clinical qualification in Midwifery
- Must be registered with a recognized local professional body in Ghana and of good standing
- Must have the requisite experience to work with minimum supervision
Skill and Experience
- At least one (1) year post-graduation experience in a Midwifery position
- Experience of working in Sexual and Reproductive Health and Excellent provider-client interaction skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Work experience with Ghana Health Service and/or an INGO
- Articulate and analytical with attention to detail
- Knowledge of the health delivery system in Ghana
- Must be multi-skilled and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Sympathetic to women and men seeking Family Planning and Reproductive Health services
- Be able to work on your own initiative and at longer periods.
- Customer-focused with good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels –government, donor and community
- Passionate about maternal health and the vulnerable
- Motivates team members to deliver high-quality service and result
- Team player, self-motivator and able to motivate others to achieve results
- Pro-choice and pro-family planning
How To Apply
Please submit your application by filling this online form via this link:
by the Close of Business of Tuesday, 4th August 2020.
- Please fill the application with the exact job title and location if indicated.
- Please take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- These are local positions. Interested Non-Ghanaians must therefore have the necessary legal permits required to work in Ghana.
- Females are encouraged to apply
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED