The Business Manager will provide effective and proactive support to the Technology Director by managing resources and information and assist with scheduling and planning meetings and project activities within the Technology Function. The successful candidate will update all projects that comes through to the CTO’s office working closely with Technology & the Extended Technology Leadership Teams. He or She will be the team assistant for the Technology Function liaising with other Stakeholders in all activities that involve Technology Staff. The person will be the Liaison between CTO and other stakeholder both external and internal.
Responsibilities and Experience
- Write Technology Director’s reports e.g. weekly Technology Leadership team update
- Provide key management/ SMT level reports for Technology Director where required e.g. operational/project reviews / budget reviews / off sites
- Manage documentation on behalf of Technology Director with emphasis on confidentiality. Flag up agenda items with Technology Director’s direct reports and other heads as appropriate
- Take responsibility of Technology Director’s correspondence: reading, replying, summarizing and editing.
- Prepare meeting packs and follow up on governance meetings (ops reviews and commercial reviews).
- Manage review packs and address management needs.
- Ensure that Technology Director’s calendar address business priorities ensuring gaps and clashes are foreseen and rectified.
- Plan meetings/events in conjunction with Technology Director and his/her direct reports.
- Fully provide secretariat – Operational Reviews, Management meetings. This includes: preparation of agendas and meeting materials, production of minutes, preparation of governance schedule.
- Communicate with relevant functions in Vodafone Ghana on Technology issues
- Undertake ad hoc projects or tasks as requested by the Technology Director and the Technology Leadership Team
- Work on various business initiatives and projects from total business that requires technology staff input.
- Minimum of a First Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Arts or Related Field
- Minimum of 3 years Proven Experience in a Similar Role
- Prior Experience in Telecoms Industry is an Added Advantage
- Must have Working Knowledge of Office Management Systems and Procedures
- Ability to Manage, Facilitate, and Provide Structure to Technology Leadership Team meeting
- Proficiency in MS Office Tools including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Outstanding Organizational and Time Management Skills
- Ability to Multitask and Prioritize Daily Workload
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communications Skills
- Discretion, Confidentiality, Flexibility and Adaptability
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
HOW TO APPLY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED