Business Development Officer at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
About the company
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a non-profit organization that comes up with new ways to help farmers in Africa deal with hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and the destruction of natural resources. Working with different partners in sub-Saharan Africa, we improve people’s ways of life, increase food and nutrition security, create more jobs, and protect the integrity of natural resources. IITA is a part of CGIAR, a global partnership for agricultural research that works to make sure there will be enough food in the future.
The Sustainable Soyabean Production in Northern Ghana (SSPiNG) Project of the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is looking for a Business Development Officer (BDO).
Duty Station: Tamale. Fieldwork takes them to project sites in Upper West, Upper East, North East, Savanna, and Northern Region.
Along the soyabean value chains, the BDO will lead and help with activities to find business opportunities and encourage business growth in farming communities that are part of the project.
- Find existing partnerships and projects in the business of agricultural inputs and outputs, and set up a strategic framework for the long-term growth of agricultural businesses.
- Facilitate Public-Private Partnerships (PPP) around the soyabean and maize value chains’ needs for market access, information on inputs, mechanization, financial services, and capacity building.
- Also, Talk to the right government ministries about making sure conditions are right, projects are supported, and policies are helpful.
- Use an ICT-based information system to strengthen the soyabean supply chain.
- Build up the skills of the main and secondary target groups, extension services, partners in the private sector, and development partners.
- Along the soyabean value chain, find business opportunities and possible business partnerships that could work well.
- Find ways to raise money and help with grant applications for business development and start-up. Communicate with the donor community about possible grants for business incubation and growth.
- Help agricultural businesses make business plans, and strategic plans, and understand farming as a business. Also, help them keep records and evaluate their businesses.
- Support the creation of a strong monitoring, evaluation, and learning system that collects a lot of data so that it can be analyzed, reported on, and used to improve efficiency.
- Work closely with the Senior Business Development Officer to carry out the roles listed above.
- Report to project management on how business development is going and what has been done.
Needed Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s degree in Business Economics, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness Management, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Development Economics, or any other related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in building up agribusiness
- Must have a deep understanding of how multi-stakeholder platforms work in the context of input-output markets and are able to show they can do it in practice.
- The person in this position must be a leader who is focused on getting things done and can handle and meet multiple, sometimes conflicting organization, partner, and other stakeholder needs.
- He or she must also be good at public relations and work well with other people.
- Has good interpersonal and networking skills.
- Shown that they are good at making strategic plans, partnerships, and partnerships that work well in the agriculture and development sectors.
How to Apply for Business Development Officer at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
Terms of appointment: This is a position for Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS). The first appointment is for two years, but it could be extended based on how well the person does and how much money is available.
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV (no more than 4 pages) explaining why they want the job, relevant documents and testimonials, and the names and addresses (telephone and email) of three referees who know about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience.
Applicants should send their applications ONLY by email to:
The Station Administrator,
CLOSING DATE: March 3, 2023.
NOTE: Only the candidates who make the shortlist will be contacted.
Also, For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Firstly, Totalenergies Marketing Ghana Job Opportunities
- Secondly, RecTrain Services Limited Invites Job Applications
- Thirdly, Exciting Career Opportunity at World Vision
- Moreover, Food and Agriculture Organization Latest Job Postings
- Additionally, Job Vacancy at JSI Research & Training Institute
- Then, Job Opportunity at AutoShack Ghana
- Also, Catholic Relief Services Latest Job Posting
- More so, Employment Advertisement at Glovo
- Afterwards, Job Vacancies Available at The Haven Hotel
- Finally, Beacon International School Job Opportunities
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED