Thunes’ mission is to help businesses and their customers around the world participate in the global economy by providing them fast and affordable cross-border payments. We interconnect banks, payment service providers, mobile wallet operators, money transfer operators and platforms to unlock opportunities for businesses and individuals alike.
By providing unparalleled emerging market coverage and smarter transfer solutions for cross border payments, we enable financial inclusivity for those who need it the most.
POSITION: Business Development Manager
We act as a trusted, neutral aggregator in a deeply fragmented industry. We offer end-to-end payments solutions to tackle the speed, cost-efficiency and accessibility challenges for emerging markets:
- Business payments
- Remittance processing
- Mass payouts
- Virtual accounts / invoice payments
Context of the role
Reporting to the VP ECOWAS, the Business Development Manager will be based in Ghana and will work across the West Africa region. This role is key in driving these markets and we are looking for an individual who is self-motivated, honest with good knowledge of the payments industry, possesses high energy and willing to roll up the sleeves and get it done.
- Developing the overall sales and business development plan in Ghana and the surrounding region
- Management of the full cycle of the sales process including agreement/signatures, live account status and on-going management of accounts,
- Full ownership of customer requests and exploring new opportunities to add value to the position,
- Ensure excellent communication and internal coordination to roll-out new services taking into accounts market specificity (regulation, competition etc.),
- Attend trade shows, source leads, follow sales process and report back to sales management team,
- Ensure all specific reporting within required time frame including full use of CRM tool with precision,
- Provide timely feedback to line manager about performance, sales activity, account management and strategy,
- Ensure account retention, contractual health, well-being and maximum satisfaction of clients,
- Initiate and maintain a strong link between customers and back-office services in order to ease communication and facilitate the resolution of any issues,
- Identify trends by researching the industry, related events and announcements, and
- Effectively communicate the needs of your customers to the support team.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Direct or indirect work experience in the Money Transfer or Mobile Financial Services Industry,
- Results-oriented with great skills in communication, organization and negotiation,
- Ability to interact at C-Level, superior networking skills,
- CRM proficiency, Zoho CRM knowledge is a plus,
- Flexible, self-motivated, disciplined, take ownership of job at hand,
- Team-oriented, able to accept and create change,
- Prior experience in telecommunications is preferred,
- Strong understanding of the customer, market dynamics and requirements,
- Ensure effective working relationships with all relevant clients/partners, third parties and internal colleagues,
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to work both independently and as part of a team,
- Excellent attention to detail,
- Fluent in English
- Ability to travel 50% or more
HOW TO APPLY
Sound like you? Apply now!
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Ongoing
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED