BT Latest Employment Opportunity
Job Title: Commercial Lawyer
BT has big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you’re welcome at BT, we really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, we are introducing smart working at BT. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team’s deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you’ll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.
About this role
Firstly, You are expected to provide a first-class legal service to BT’s Global division to help Global develop market leading products and services, negotiate the contracts that facilitate the sale of these products and services in order to generate good revenue for Global and respond and appropriately deal with issues that may arise during the life of these contracts, with the ultimate aim of helping Global meet its strategic goals.
Secondly, You will provide accurate, relevant, and timely advice to your line manager and other members of staff on a variety of legal topics that relate to BT’s business and the related products or services.
Thirdly, You will draft, reviewing, and negotiating various commercial contracts and agreements ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations that apply to the business.
Furthermore, You will manage and mitigate any legal or regulatory risks by advising your line manager and the other members of the staff on the best practice and by promoting legal, compliance and risk management.
Then, You will handle communication with and managing any third-party bodies such as clients, external counsel, regulatory bodies or auditors.
Moreover, You will be a key member of a bid team for transactions that you work on and interact directly with the customer on the work streams that you are responsible for, including negotiating directly with the customer’s legal representatives.
Finally, You will also step in to help with complicated issues that arise during the life of Global’s customer contracts, including helping with updates to reflect changes in the legal/regulatory landscape or providing input to help settle disputes before they become litigious.
You’ll have the following responsibilities
- Firstly, Act as the lead lawyer on legally complex and high value transactions with Global’s customers for Africa region.
- Secondly, Give clear and pragmatic legal guidance (and formal advice where appropriate) that helps Global understand and mitigate legal, compliance and regulatory risk.
- Thirdly, Work with members of the AMEA Legal team on a range of legal matters, including disputes, product launches, new initiatives, legal interpretation, and legislative changes.
- Moreover, Develop and comply with BT’s policies and strategies, including development of standard contracts for the sale of Global’s standard products and services.
- Additionally, Be a single point of contact for the stakeholders within Africa region, dealing with any issues or escalations they require assistance with to resolve.
- Furthermore, Act as an escalation point to help support the legal work being conducted by our legal process outsource providers.
- Then, Build excellent, collaborative working relationships with peers across Legal & Co Sec supporting Global and the wider BT Group.
- Also, Make a material and positive contribution to Legal & Co Sec strategy, goals, and initiatives.
- Finally, Ensure that business is conducted in accordance with BT’s regulatory restrictions (including the Commitments), competition law and BT policy, including The BT Way and BT’s trading policies.
You’ll have the following skills & experience
- Commercial lawyer with 5+ year’s post-qualification experience preferred but not essential.
- Track record of providing expert legal support and advice in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate ability to manage workload, prioritising where appropriate and setting (and meeting) realistic expectations with business partners.
- Ability to adapt quickly to, and be supportive of, change.
- History of pro-actively taking on additional responsibilities, such as project team involvement/leadership preferred but not essential.
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do – and in the people who work here.
We’re now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we’re on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
How to Apply for this BT Latest Employment Opportunity
Closing Date: 21st September 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOBS AVAILABLE
- Progress Savings and Loans Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at Valley View University
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Visa Solutions Healthcare Job Opportunity
- Exciting Career Opportunity at InEvent
- Latest Employment Opportunity at Halliburton
- New Internship Opportunity at Siemens
- Latest Job Recruitment at Enterprise Life
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunity
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED