British Council Latest Job Postings
About British Council
The British Council is the UK’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities. The organization creates friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections, and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, the English language, education, and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500
- Role Title: Project Assistant
- Location: Manama – Bahrain
- Contract type: (Grade H – Non-Permeant contract until 15 March 2023)
- Closing date and time: 30 September 2022
To maximize the impact of our programs and projects by effectively coordinating the delivery of education projects, ensuring that our programs and projects are delivered to high-quality standards and with maximum effectiveness and efficiency. Also, maintain and manage relationships with our stakeholders and comply with British Council policies and procedures, including financial admin, reporting, data collection, and operational project delivery.
1 . Programs, Services, and Products:
- Assisting the project managers in the effective and efficient delivery of regional & local programs and projects.
- Assisting in the monitoring and evaluation of our events’ quality and outcomes and disseminating lessons learned to enable teams to repeat successes and improve the quality of future events
- Providing support in carrying out the evaluation (including scorecard storyboard) of programs and events based on agreed standards and methodology
- Preparing reports to agreed templates and time scales and sharing with team members/stakeholders
2 . Events Administration:
- Assisting the Project Manager(s) in the organization of events logistics and arrangements
- Attending all events and ensuring a smooth delivery on the ground.
- Updating the events pages on the British Council website and promoting events on both the British Council website and social media.
- Effectively using the press and various digital platforms and social media channels to ensure maximum impact for projects.
- Writing formal letters in Arabic and in English and translating documents on occasion.
- Arranging travel itineraries, visas, flights, and accommodation for project participants in Saudi and overseas.
- Demonstrating strong ownership of the projects for which he/she is responsible
3 . Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Assisting in monitoring and evaluating the quality of events and their outcomes, and disseminating lessons learned.
- Compiling the Scorecard Storyboard data (REF) and ensuring the data accurately reflects reach and impact and that projects are on track to meet targets.
- Acting on lessons learned and improving the quality of events and their outcomes.
4 . Networks and Relationships:
- Accurately keeping records and maintaining different contacts databases and mailing lists
- Handling invitations and RSVP processes as required.
- Introducing all-new stakeholders and contacts to the line managers.
- Developing excellent relationships with current partners.
- Build new networks of influencers relevant to British Council programs and objectives.
5 . Resources:
- Maintaining various spreadsheets and project documentation in an organized and systematic manner.
- Selecting suppliers in line with the British Council procurement policy, ensuring value-for-money, and maintaining a database of suppliers and vendors.
- Performing all financial processes related to the projects accurately and in a timely manner (may include creating POs, vendors, customers, and sales orders).
- Maintaining stocks and inventory of stationery, refreshment items, books, collaterals, and marketing materials.
6 . Safeguarding and Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI):
- Ensure that the Safeguarding policy is implemented in all programs
- Develop EDI mainstreaming plans are completed prior to commencement of project planning/preparations to meet the required standards and policies of the British Council
- Communicate EDI policies to align objectives and goals with stakeholders/partners.
7 . Managing self and others
- Holds vendors and suppliers to account for delivering services.
- Has the ability to work independently and manage workload against project deadlines.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Candidates should have the right to work in Bahrain with a valid residency permit and have a solid and demonstrable interest in education and cultural relations with an excellent track record of experience in managing projects
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic
- The role could require some domestic and international travel as required by the program and some out of hours and evening work responding to or driven by program/portfolio needs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience coordinating small-scale projects and events to high quality and delivery standards
- Administrative and financial administration experience.
- Good understanding of basic monitoring and evaluation concepts and how they are central to good project management.
- Intermediate command of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
HOW TO APPLY?
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
The closing date of the application is September 30, 2022.
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- University of Ghana Announces Job Vacancies
- USAID West Africa Call For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity at WASCAL
- West Africa Trade and Investment Hub Invites Job Applications
- Newmont Mining Corporation Job Available Vacancy
- Adeo Ghana Invites Job Applications
- Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research Call For Job Applications
- Canonical Latest Job Vacancies
- Massive Recruitment|| SOCODEVI Invite Job Applications
- Massive Recruitment|| MDF West Africa Limited Job Openings
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED