BREAKING||ECG task force storms parliament to disconnect power over debt
A team of officials from the Electricity Company of Ghana is currently in parliament. They are there to disconnect the power supply of the parliament house. According to sources, the team is awaiting the departure of the Speaker from the parliament in order to exercise this duty.
The reason for this action is the result of the parliament house’s inability to settle its debt. The exact amount owed is unknown.
A few days ago, the company announced that they will start to disconnect some state-owned institutions’ power supply. This is due to the fact that there are some state-owned institutions that owe the company huge sums of money.
Moreover, on 14th March 2022, the company disconnected the power supply of the Terminal 3 of the Kotoka International Airport. As well as other offices in the Ghana Airport Company over unsettled debts.
Also, according to sources, Kotoka International Airpot owes ECG about Ghs 49 million debt. For this reason, the power supply of KIA was disconnected. However, power has been restored back to the KIA.
Aside from Kotoka International Airport, the team from ECG also disconnected the power supply of the Accra Sports Stadium.
For more local news, CLICK HERE
- Cape Coast High Court cancels 2020 Assin North parliamentary election results
- Gunshots in Bawku again as police worried residents reluctant to volunteer info
- Deadly Weekend: Groom crashes to death on way to wedding
- Jealous groom beats male wedding guest for tightly hugging his bride (Video)
- Drink water if you can’t afford the new prices of alcohol – GIHOC Boss tells Ghanaians
- Gov’t extends deadline for SIM card re-registration
- Ho: 12 Commercial sex workers arrested
- Video evidence of street robbery at Adenta SSNIT Flat area
- Regularly monitor your bank account balances; report any suspicious transactions – BoG urges
- Ghanaians Face Punishing New Levy On Electronic Payments
- E LEVY CHARGES ON MOBILE MONEY IN GHANA 2022
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED