BRAC is an international development organization with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realize their potential. BRAC uses an integrated model to change systems of inequity through social development programs, humanitarian response, social enterprises, and socially responsible investments.
BRAC is known for its holistic, data-driven, and community-based programming and is a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programs in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings and has been ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last five consecutive years by NGO Advisor.
RAC International Holdings B.V. (BIHBV) is a socially responsible for-profit organization, engaging people in sustainable economic and income-generating activities.
The core focus of BIHBV is to provide microfinance services outside Bangladesh to people who are financially constrained and marginalized, and people who do not have access to the financing facilities offered by commercial banks and other non-bank financial institutions.
It does this through its international microfinance activities. BRAC International Microfinance’s mission is to provide a range of financial services responsibly to people at the bottom of the pyramid.
BI MF particularly focuses on women living in poverty in rural and hard-to-reach areas to create self-employment opportunities, build financial resilience, and harness women’s entrepreneurial spirit by empowering them economically.
BRAC International Microfinance is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
The key responsibilities include but not limited to the following-
- Develop and implement a framework for regulatory and operational compliance.
- Responsible for development and implementation of the institution-wide compliance and anti-money laundering framework.
- Develop and implement best compliance and anti-money laundering practices.
- Develop and implement AML/CTF policies and procedures.
- Advising Board and management on legal, regulatory, and ethical requirements for business compliance.
- Ensuring full compliance of business policies and procedures by all institutional functions.
- Provide training for all staff on existing and any new compliance/AML policies.
- Submitting regular reports as required by the regulator.
- Perform routine review of compliance to processes and procedures by branches.
- Perform annual risk assessment for approval by the Board of Directors.
- Engage key stakeholders such as the Bank of Ghana and Financial Intelligence Centre and ensure full compliance with any changes and directives.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation.
- Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- A bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Finance, Risk Management, Economics, Banking, Business administration, Accounting or Law
Skills and Competencies Requirements:
- Analytical and soft skills
- Strong communication skills
- Risk management skills
- Audit skills
- People management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organization and planning skills
- Proactive and independent
- Report writing skills
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role is required and compliance certification will be an added advantage.
Employment type: Contractual
Job Location: Ghana
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to email@example.com
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 5/22 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 20 January 2022
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment.
We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin.
Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are the part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED