Job Profile Summary
The Junior Originator reports to the Ghana Regional Manager and shall be responsible for providing support to the RSO through the delivery of deal origination and implementation, including agreements and complex structured transactions, providing deal assurance, driving new and existing business growth, leveraging BP’s customer base, cross bench offerings and structured products, and building strategic relationships in support of these activities to maximise value.
The role is accountable for supporting commercial transactions, from inception, through negotiation, internal approval as well as operationalisation.
Individual needs to show a proven track record with strong multi-tasking capability and proven commercial acumen, capable of dealing with a range of commercial issues and deal matters.
- Lead target regional relationships across the energy sector
- Support the sourcing, origination and delivery of commercial transactions, showing decision making, commercial insights and deal structuring
- Support linkage to functions (legal, compliance, Finance, Tax, Planning) to address any deal issues and resolve obstacles
- Provide and share market intelligence and information flows to the trading benches
- Ensure adherence with the Code of Conduct
- Assure adherence to legal and regulatory environment in which the origination business operates
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- MBA or master’s degree in marketing, strategy or oil and gas an advantage
- Experience in oil and gas, origination, business development, trading, refining commercial operations, an advantage
- Prior experience in investment banking, trade finance or structuring or management consulting an advantage
- Consistent record of deal implementation, with strong multi-tasking capability and confirmed commercial acumen
Skills and Abilities Required
- The candidate is encouraged to work with minimal direction and to network independently with team members.
- The position offers an opportunity to apply commercial and business development skills, develop leadership and strategic thinking skills while growing networks within the commercial and technical disciplines
- Ideally a proven record of physical origination, deal structuring and successful implementation
- Demonstration of sound analytical and problem-solving skills, numerate with a good level of financial understanding
- Very strong confirmed commercial and leadership skills and delivery focus, with high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Written and oral communication skills
- Organisational skills and the ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Strong background of commercial delivery and experience
- Keen inter-cultural awareness and ability to take care of rapid changes in the business environment are also meaningful characteristics
- Commercial acumen
- Individual must possess team working, influencing, networking & interpersonal skills with the ability to work with people at all levels and across organization
- Energetic, self-starting and able to take ideas and run with them without supervision
- Ability to energise and lead a small team of professionals and build internal networks to deliver on trading bench strategies
- Work co-operatively to improve efficiency, share ideas and successes
- Capable of dealing with a range of commercial issues
Method Of Application
Closing Date: Ongoing
About bp Trading & Shipping
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED