Job Profile Summary
The Commercial Lead Finance reports to the Ghana Regional Manager and shall be responsible for providing commercial and finance support to the RSO as they deliver deal origination and implementation and is a key member of the Finance team.
This position has prime responsibility for the development and continual refinement of robust financial control, supporting operational excellence and implementation of risk framework to drive growth in the region in a controlled and compliant manner.
- Support the CFO in delivery of controlled and compliant financial and operating standards
Handling the company’s accounting, monitoring and reporting systems
- Work with Control teams to retain control Evaluation Templates owned within the current team, perform periodic self-assessment activities, and facilitate internal and external audit review
- Develop external relationships with contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations
- Delivery of key financial metrics for country/region and MI to drive decision making
- Support delivery of credit reports and credit exposure reporting for all clients
- Support CFO in management of FX/Treasury trading with appropriate support benches in London
- Producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines
- Handle vendor invoices – Receive and process vendor invoices and internal check requests.
- Maintain open files for purchase orders, packing/receiving slips and match to invoices. Verify invoices for quantity, unit pricing, extensions, and applicable discounts
- Prepare Financial Statement in collaboration with CFO
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Attend to External Auditor during statutory Audit.
- Ensure up to date Intercompany reconciliation with parent company and all other subsidiaries within the group.
- Review and ensure Value Added Tax (VAT) and Withholding Tax (WHT) are deducted accurately from Vendor Invoices and subsequently remitted promptly to the respective tax authority accordingly
- Internal Liaison – all units and departments that have dealings with The Finance Department
- External Liaison – both local and international partners, Government agencies and various vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/economics/accounting
- Certification as a qualified accountant (CA/ACCA/ICA or its equivalent) would be an advantage
- An MBA or MSc. in Finance; knowledge of the use of ERPs and Internal controls would be an added advantage
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Financial accounting experience
- Key knowledge of credit and finance structures
- Understanding of oil and gas trading (Supply logistics of crude and refined products)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Financial planning, budgeting, and reporting
- Financial analysis and interpretation skills
- Good presentation skills
- Preparation of timely financial statements
- Filing of reports to statutory bodies
- Knowledge of Statutory returns and reporting
- Have a deep understanding of business operations and commercial factors that influence decision-making
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be adept at influencing a range of partners
- Lead multiple/conflicting priorities with a proven track record of delivery against tight deadlines
Method Of Applications
Closing Date: Ongoing
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED