Boost Ghana (Boost) is a Boost Technology franchise held by ConvyPlus Ltd in Ghana. We provide digital solutions to support small and medium enterprises in Ghana and drive efficiency in the distribution of fast moving consumer goods.
We have a range of solutions for SMEs that include stock ordering and delivery, access to a range of support services and connection to providers of the right financial solutions. To manufacturers and importers, we provide direct access to retailers and a range of market insights solutions.
POSITION: Head Of Operations
About the job
- Job Title: Head of Operations
- Team: Operations
- Reports to: CEO
- Contract Type: Full time
- Location: Accra, Ghana
Boost Ghana (https://www.gh.withboost.co) is seeking an exceptional execution-focused leader with a relentless drive to power growth for Ghanaian retail entrepreneurs.
About Boost Ghana
In Africa, micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) contribute to 70% of the continent’s employment. The vast majority of them are informal, unbanked, and trade in cash. The MSME sector is growing and will absorb the bulk of Africa’s young job seekers over the coming years. The growth of mobile phones and mobile money across Africa has spawned a wave of consumer digital financial services, and a second wave is now needed to serve MSMEs and help them digitize and grow.
Boost is a purpose-driven and customer-centric startup tackling this problem. We are building a retailer-first commerce platform to power growth for 100 million African entrepreneurs by enabling them to order and receive stock, access financial services, and manage their businesses – all digitally from their mobile phones. Boost Ghana is the founding franchise of Boost Technology (https://www.withboost.co) with exclusive rights in Ghana.
- Okomfo Anokye Rural Bank February 2022 Job Openings
- Jumia Group Available Job Opportunities
- IQVIA Announces New Employment Opportunity
As Head of Operations for Boost Ghana, your role will include:
- Implementing operational systems and processes to efficiently onboard, manage and support new customers
- Negotiating with manufacturers and suppliers favorable partnership terms to maximize our market penetration and overseeing day-to-day stock procurement operations
- Designing and implementing an asset-light and least-cost order fulfillment system to sort procured stock into individual orders (including outsourcing where possible)
- Implementing systems and partnerships for customer payments
- Implementing an agent based last-mile delivery system to move stock to customers (including outsourcing where possible)
- Implementing stock advances and collections
- Rolling out new products, services, and partnerships
- Implementing data-driven performance management systems
- Recruiting and managing a strong operational team
- Managing all day-to-day operations
These virtues should strongly resonate with you and are the foundations of the company we will build together:
- Be purpose-driven: You should be motivated by the desire to power growth for retail entrepreneurs in the informal economy..
- Be tenacious: When faced with adversity, you relentlessly persevere until you find a solution.
- Be compassionate: You are able to empathize with others to feel their pain and then take actionable steps to deliver solutions that alleviate it.
- Be whole: You live to work and achieve results, but you take care of your well-being.
- Be good: You are always your honest, authentic self who does the right thing, even when under pressure.
APPLY FOR THESE JOBS
- Account Officers needed urgently at Ghana Hotels
- Graduates Trainees Recruitment at AngloGold Ashanti Limited
- Guinness Ghana Invites Job Applications
You should possess these ways of thinking and behaving:
- Being a consummate supporter with a strong bias towards “how” to accomplish an agreed objective as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- A rational, data-driven, and systems-based approach to problem solving.
- An ability to continuously assess, prioritize, and complete tasks in a dynamic environment where speed of execution trumps perfection.
- Doggedly saying “No” to anything out of scope and calling out and promptly stopping anything that is not working.
- A relentless pursuit to build for scale and a strong distaste for waste and inefficiency.
- A hypothesis-driven approach to continuously experiment, fail, learn, and discover new and better ways of doing things.
- Holding yourself and others accountable to a high standard of performance at all times.
- Listening, communicating, and enabling multiple stakeholders across diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Being self-aware of your own strengths and weaknesses, continuously seeking feedback and looking to learn and grow.
You should have a demonstrated track record:
- Working extensively within Africa’s informal economies to enable small businesses with technology and / or financial services.
- Turning an ambitious vision into detailed action plans with clear performance metrics and accountability.
- Collaborating with a technology team to build, implement, and manage technology-enabled and data-driven procurement, logistics, and customer management systems and databases.
- Procuring FMCG products and managing end-to-end supply chains.
- Negotiating payment terms and discounts with suppliers and manufacturers.
- Building and managing relationships with multiple stakeholders ranging from corporate partners to informal entrepreneurs.
- Managing the delivery of outsourced partners for non-core functions.
- Building and leading high performing and diverse teams.
- Supporting a strategic executive team with exceptional execution.
- Managing payment terms and creating effective collection systems
- Order fulfillment rates
- Order fulfillment costs
- Supplier partnerships
- Operational robustness and compliance
- Customer experience and retention
- Customer payments
- Employee engagement
- Partner NPS (agents, suppliers, etc)
- Ghana Executive Team
- Operations Team – Buying & Supplier Relations, Order Fulfillment Officers, etc
- Other Internal Teams – Products & Customer Experience, Finance and Administration, Sales & Marketing
- Boost Technology (Platform) Team and other franchises
- Suppliers / Distributors
- Delivery agents and other logistics partners
- Customers (Retailers)
- Other strategic partners – financial institutions, telcos, etc
LATEST JOB VACANCIES AVAILABLE
What we offer:
Boost Ghana is a startup. You will receive performance-based compensation that will grow over time in line with the business’ stage, performance, and available resources. Equity is also available once you have proven performance and fit.
- A competitive remuneration with allowances and performance incentives
- Private health insurance
- Provident fund
- 13th month salary
- Continuous training and development
- Working in a young dynamic and world-class team
- Flexible work schedule
HOW TO APPLY
Email your CV and a one-page letter of motivation to [email protected] using “Head of Operations” as the subject of your email.
CLOSING DATE: By Friday, 25th February 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES YOU CANNOT MISS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED