Wayoe Engineering & Construction Limited is a privately-owned Ghanaian engineering and construction company with world-class capabilities spanning across the client value chain. We operate a business model comprising of fabrication detailing, procurement and construction services delivering integrated solutions to our clients. WEC’s principal offices are strategically located in Takoradi, Ghana and Johannesburg, South Africa, with additional registered offices in Democratic Republic of Congo, Liberia, Mali, Burkina Faso, Cote D’Ivoire and Sierra Leone.
Effective with the release of this position announcement, WEC is seeking applicants for the position of a Boiler Maker to be based in its Project Site in Ahafo.
The Boiler Maker reports to the Foreman/Supervisor on the project.
Direct Reports: None
A Boiler Maker is responsible for employing and utilizing appropriate fabricating and welding methods, manual and mechanical processes to fabricate and weld in various positions in completing structural fabrications.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Timely completion of all fabricating jobs without injuries and errors.
- Effectively maintain all required safety and quality standards.
Working Environment/Exposure to Risk
- This job typically requires moderate to heavy labour and includes, but is not limited to, heavy lifting (50 -75 lbs.),
- Climbing stairs and structures,
- Carrying and lifting tools and material by hand,
- Working at heights over 6 feet above ground level
- Exposure to electrocution, noise, fire
- Read and interpret drawings including but not limited to obtaining orientation from the drawing, compiling a materials list, and lay out and mark off pieces and positions from drawings including template work on plate
- Efficient use of the tape measure
- Draw isometric sketches representing the lay out of work to be done as well as the material required
- Use isometric drawing to create chalk layout
- Use chalk layout to get precise measurements of steel which will be required
- Use layout to create required steel parts
- Fabricate from drawings
- Fabricate steel structures, plates and pipe works according to drawings
- Work according to general arrangements drawing, to ensure correct positioning of steel structures
- Undertake fabrication of underground cages and skips
- Use of pattern for the development of cones, hoppers and cylinders
- Identify steel components and differentiate between materials to be worked on
- Install steel sections, tanks, staircases, and hand railing
- Work with Tacker to assemble and fit the steel structures
- Comply with site, Company safety rules, regulations and procedures
- Internal: Project and Construction Managers.
- External: Clients Representative from Newmont Ghana. And DRA.
Judgement and Complexity
Judgement of the jobholder is highly required in the following:
- Being safety conscious in executing the job
Responsibility for Assets
- Tools and equipment under his/her care
Level of Authority
- The jobholder’s authority is limited to making recommendations and seeking approval
- Educational & Professional Qualification:
- Minimum of Boilermaker Trade Certification or NVTI Certificate or higher study in Welding and Fabrication or its equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years welding experience within construction or mining industry or heavy industrial projects.
- Valid Mineral Commission Competency Certificate
- Skills Required:
- Ability to read and write and to keep job records
- Read isometric drawings
- Be able to work to measurement and orientation tolerance
- Knowledge of different hand tools used on structural steel
- Knowledge of fabrication tools
- Sound knowledge of using cutting equipment (Cutting torch and grinding machines)
- Be able to identify different sizes of steel
- Knowledge of basic welding
- Good Spoken and written English language skills.
- Ability to work safely with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Sound knowledge of company policies and procedures including relevant reporting and administration procedures
- Sound understanding of Company values
How to Apply:
Interested applicants may apply for this job by submitting their application and CV with three references to the address below not later than 15th July, 2020, indicating “Boiler Maker” in the subject line. WEC would like to graciously thank all applicants for their interest but only shortlisted candidates who meet our requisite criteria and are shortlisted will be contacted. EOE/AA.
NOTE: To ensure that an applicant is a native of the local community, all local applications must be supported by the initial confirmation of citizenship, ENDORSED by the Chief, a nominated Assembly Person and the Youth Leader of the applicant’s community, and must be delivered to the Newmont Community Information Office or Newmont Security gate at Plant Site not later than the stated date
The Human Resources Representative
Wayoe Engineering and Construction Limited
C/O HR Department
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED