Bitback, a Techstars portfolio company (20′) and former IDEO CoLab resident (19′), is a cashback rewards platform that aims to put money back into the pockets of young people across Africa and around the globe. Users earn cashback rewards for each and every purchase they make from their favourite retailers through the app. Merchants and service providers are able to reach and retain key consumers through special offers and rewards. Our vision is to create new income streams for young people and fuel their entrepreneurial spirits. Bitback’s platform will be launching in Ghana early in 2021. Bitback is a Canadian company.
At Bitback, we have remote working in our DNA – Bitback was created while the co-founders were travelling in South Africa, built in Southeast Asia, iterated on in San Francisco, tested in Kampala, and incubated in Berlin. We are a member of Pledge 1% where all employees are expected to donate 1% of time to causes they are passionate about.
We also pride ourselves on our 6 core values and we expect all employees to embody these values in their actions and attitudes. This includes:
- Do the right thing ?
- Make your own luck ?
- Embrace randomness ?
- Make magic ?
- Diversity is strength ?? ?? ??
- Have fun! ????
Learn more about working at Bitback here: https://www.bitbackapp.com/about
Bitback is looking for a Marketing Manager to join our team! You’ll have the opportunity to lead our marketing efforts in Ghana in advance of our launch and beyond. This role must deliver against ambitious business goals which include managing investment efficiency. You must be both analytical and imaginative – understand performance data and derive actionable insights that would optimize our business objectives. You are a self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment, who can see campaigns through from ideation to execution. Ultimately, you will be responsible for developing uniquely local content for the Ghanaian market that drives the adoption of Bitback by both consumers and merchants. As our marketing manager, you will be essential to the establishment of the Bitback brand in Ghana. Reporting to the CEO, you’ll be part of a small but savvy team where resourcefulness and tenacity are required.
- Drive marketing strategy for consumers and merchants across Ghana
- Comfortable with end-to-end execution of multi-channel marketing campaigns from ideation to post-campaign analysis including but not limited to budget planning, campaign management, performance tracking, experiments, and optimization
- Identify uniquely local marketing opportunities aligned with business objectives (i.e. partnerships, major events, seasonal moments, etc.) and deliver campaigns against these
- Own regional content creation by crafting individual market/regional-specific content in partnership with key partners and merchants
- Run A/B tests across marketing channels including emails, landing pages, google play page, digital ads, and print to grow user acquisition
- Develop multi-channel marketing campaigns to drive user acquisition for the mobile app (i.e. coordinated social media contests, digital ads, radio ads)
- Optimize marketing spend/ROI across paid social (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok), influencers, and offline (radio, print, television, flyers)
- In collaboration with the Merchant Sales & Success Manager, develop multi-channel marketing campaigns to drive merchant acquisition (i.e. blog posts, case studies, white papers, re-engagement campaigns)
- Develop strategies to increase organic reach through link building, content creation, social media and strategic partnerships
- Create and manage a content calendar across all social media channels to support both consumer and merchant acquisition
- Support and mentor junior team members in the development of digital content
- Write case studies to showcase the value proposition of Bitback to merchants
- Experience in e-Commerce, retail or fintech
- Entrepreneurial experience as startup founder, business owner, or early team member in a hyper growth business
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
ASEM ABA! Lèåked tape of what Power Fm Journalist said about Akufo-Addo
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED