Bilingual Secretary (AfCFTA) at African Union
Purpose of Job
To help the given supervisor with secretarial and clerical tasks in at least two official working languages of the AU so that the job can be done well.
- Write and check papers, reports, letters, messages, questions, etc. in two of the official working languages of the AU, as given by supervisors;
- Answer and sort different kinds of communication, like phone calls and emails, and make sure to follow up with supervisors and partners;
- Greet visitors and staff and give them basic information about important issues and procedures;
- Make sure that all incoming and outgoing letters and documents are filed and recorded in the right way.
- Give operational help when it’s needed.
- Do practical tasks as planned and report on them.
- Help with keeping track of logistics, making sure activities are done, and giving reports.
- Communicate well with both inside and outside parties
- Follow up on meeting choices and letters to make sure they are put into action.
- Write up regular office correspondence and help put together data and information for reports.
- Help make, improve, and take care of record-keeping and search systems
- Check on the delivery and upkeep of office supplies and equipment.
- Keep supervisors’ schedules up to date;
- Give day-to-day administrative support to different work units of the given Department, Division, or Units;
- Keep the equipment in good shape and tell any problems so that they can be fixed or other steps can be taken;
- Make sure there is paper, equipment, and furniture in the assigned rooms;
- Provide reception services when needed;
- Type and proofread documents, reports, letters, messages, questions, etc. in two of the main languages of the African Union, as requested by supervisors;
- Write up answers to routine letters for supervisors to sign;
- Greet guests, visitors, and staff and give them basic information about important issues and procedures;
- Keep a good filing and record-keeping system for all incoming and outgoing letters and papers;
- Answer and screen phone calls and E-mails and make sure supervisors and partners are kept up to date;
- Keep manager’s and other senior staff’s schedules up-to-date in a calendar; • Make sure the equipment in use is in good shape and report any problems for repair or other action;
- Help different work units in the assigned Divisions and Units with day-to-day administrative tasks;
- Take on any other related duties and responsibilities that may be given.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
Diploma in Administrative Services, Office Management, Secretarial and Clerical Studies and 3 years of appropriate bilingual secretarial work experience in a public organization, diplomatic mission, international organization, or international non-governmental organization.
Those who have a bachelor’s degree in Administrative Services, Office Management, Secretarial and Clerical Studies must have at least two years of relevant bilingual secretarial work experience in a public organization, diplomatic mission, international organization, or international non-governmental organization.
- Great understanding of office software like Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point
- Sound planning and organizational skills -Good relationship skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills. -Excellent team player and able to work in a multi-cultural setting. -Ability to make decisions, be firm but flexible, and be confident.
- Ability to deal with stress.
- Must have a strong personality but also be friendly, polite, and patient.
- Must be able to work quickly, correctly, and efficiently while meeting tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work without supervision and on your own.
- Those who want to work for the African Union must be fluent in two of the following languages: Arabic, English, French, or Portuguese. It would be helpful to know one or more or even several other useful languages.
- Flexibility L1 Know about risks and follow the rules L1 Core Competencies
- Teamwork and working together. Being aware of your responsibilities and following the rules.
- Orientation to Learning..
- Clear communication;
- sharing job knowledge;
- focusing on tasks;
- being aware of ways to improve;
How to Apply for Bilingual Secretary at African Union
Closing Date: 19th May 2023
Also, For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Firstly, Newmont Mining Corporation Latest Job Offer
- Secondly, New Job Vacancy at Serendipalm Co. Ltd.
- Thirdly, Job Vacancy at Food and Agriculture Organization
- Then, Abt Associates Calls For Job Applications
- Also, New Job Advertisement at Old Mutual
- Moreover, Job Opening at International Cocoa Initiative (ICI)
- Additionally, AirtelTigo Latest Job Recruitment Announcement
- More so, Chirano Gold Mines Limited Job Opportunities
- Afterward, Norsaac Calls For Job Applications
- Lastly, ABS Bureau New Job Announcement
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED